niki- gazing hearts

I couldn't help but feel my heart flutter as I stole glances at Niki from across the classroom. Our eyes had met earlier, and ever since then, my attention had been solely focused on him. The lecture droned on, the professor's voice becoming a distant hum as I couldn't tear my gaze away from Niki's captivating smile.

With each passing second, my infatuation grew stronger, and my cheeks turned a faint shade of pink. I wondered if he noticed my unwavering gaze. As if my thoughts had summoned him, I felt his eyes on me. My heart skipped a beat, and I quickly averted my gaze, pretending to be engrossed in my notes.

But it was too late. Niki had caught me in the act. His smile widened, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. My heart raced, and I felt a mix of embarrassment and excitement. The class finally ended, and as I gathered my things, Niki made his way towards me.

"Caught you staring, huh?" he teased, a playful smirk on his lips.

I blushed, feeling my cheeks grow warmer. "I wasn't... I mean, maybe a little," I stammered, my voice barely audible.

Niki chuckled softly, his laughter like a soothing melody. "Well, I can't say I'm complaining. It's nice to know I have such an attentive audience."

My embarrassment slowly turned into a smile, mirroring his infectious grin. "You're impossible, you know that?"

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer as he kissed my cheek. "But you love me anyway, right?"

I nodded, unable to suppress a giggle. "Of course, I do. Even when you're teasing me."

As we walked out of the classroom, hand in hand, Niki leaned in and whispered, "You're pretty cute when you're flustered, you know."

I playfully nudged him, feeling a rush of happiness overwhelming me. "And you're pretty annoying when you're being a flirt."

Niki's laughter filled the air, and it felt like the world around us faded away. In that moment, it was just the two of us, basking in the warmth of our affection.