Prologue

Tommy watched the eggs as they cooked in the pan. Making sure they weren't going to burn, he starts on making the toast.

Wilbur sat at the table, cup of coffee in front of him. He watched Tommy butter the toast. Losing interest Wilbur turns his gaze to the newspaper in front of him. The top headlines were about Dream. The man was let out of jail a few days ago. He was locked up formally for the last few years for what Wilbur didn't remember exactly.

"Tommy, is the breakfast almost ready?!" Questioned Wilbur. "Yes it's almost done!" He replied. "Hurry the fuck up!" Demanded Wilbur.

Tommy scrambled to put everything on a plate. Taking it over to his brother, he set the plate down carefully. As Wilbur started to eat, Tommy started on the dishes.

Wilbur left the cottage to head to work. Reminding Tommy about all the chores he had and how if he didn't finish them he would regret it before he left.

Tommy spent the whole day cleaning the house top to bottom. Doing the laundry, cleaning the bathroom and bedrooms. Wilbur came home around midnight drunk.

"Tuomy!!" Wilbur yelled with a slurred voice. Tommy woke up with a start. That voice.. He climbed under his bed and tucked his knees close. He hated drunk Wilbur.

Wilbur wobbled through the hallway. Banging against the walls. Wilbur crashed into the bathroom door.

Fumbling his way around the hallway he made it to Tommy's room. Bursting into the room. Wilbur's eyes were blurry as he tried to find Tommy. Catching something red underneath the bed Wilbur reached under.

Tommy let out a scream as something grabbed his leg. He tried to pull free but he was not strong enough.

Wilbur bragged Tommy out from under the bed and started yelling at him.

Sunlight filled the room as Tommy woke up with it in his face. His body was covered in cuts and bruises. Blood was covering his hands. He slowly pulled himself up and walked to the bathroom. He saw Wilbur passed out on his bed in his room.

In the bathroom he looked at his reflection. In the mirror was a teenager covered in blood. He figured his nose must have bled at some point. Tommy washed all the blood off his hands and face. He noticed a few new bruises on his hands and legs.

He made his way to the kitchen to start the day like he always did by making breakfast.

Wilbur finally made his way to the kitchen. A hangover making his mood sour. Breakfast was already sitting on a plate. A mug of coffee right next to it.

Wilbur takes a bit of his toast and grimaces, it's burnt. He turns to where Tommy is standing doing the dishes.

"This is Fucking burnt Tommy.." Wilbur says coldly. "I-I'm sorry Wilbur!" Replies Tommy.

Wilbur stands up. Tommy had turned around and backed up against the sink. Wilbur stalks over. Smack! Tommy felt tears welled up in his eyes.

Wilbur walks away down to his bedroom leaving the kitchen in a heavy silence.