Chapter 28

Leah's POV -

A few weeks passed, Casey and I were still going strong. We continued going on dates, doing normal cute couple things, and found ourselves spending more and more nights together. I think I want to move in with Casey, no I know I want to. I want to wake up to her and have her be the first thing I see when I open my eyes. I just don't want to risk scaring her away or for her to feel like we are rushing this relationship, as we have been in the past.

Tonight, we were playing against Reading FC at Meadow Park, and a wave of excitement coursed through me for various reasons. Firstly, the football game itself stirred up my passion. Playing the game I loved, proudly wearing the Arsenal badge on my chest, had always been a dream of mine. The thrill of stepping onto the pitch and giving my all was an exhilarating feeling that never ceased to ignite my spirit.

But the second reason was that Casey was coming tonight. Sure, she had gone to a bunch of my games before, but her presence always stirred up a mix of nervousness and giddiness within me. However, it also brought an overwhelming sense of happiness, security, and support. Having her by my side, meant the world to me.

Arriving at Meadow Park with perfect timing, I knew the importance of arriving on time. As I made my way towards the entrance, I greeted the familiar faces of the staff, exchanging friendly hellos. Additionally, I smiled and tried to look cute as the photographers took pictures of me as I passed by.

While it made little sense for Casey to accompany me on the drive, as we needed to be there a good hour and a half before kickoff sounded, I eagerly anticipated Casey's arrival later on.

Making my way down the hallway, the Arsenal locker room drawing nearer with each step, I caught wind of a voice exclaiming, "She's coming". I couldn't pinpoint whom the voice belonged to, but this could only mean one thing... trouble and embarrassment.

Intrigued yet apprehensive, I turned to look back, glancing over my shoulder to confirm if the voice indeed referred to me, only to find the empty space behind me. No one stood there, confirming that the voice had indeed been referring to me. A sense of unease settled within me as I stood outside the locker room.

With a firm grip on the door handle, I pushed it open and cautiously stepped into the locker room. As my eyes scanned the surroundings, a wave of disbelief washed over me. Once I looked around the room, I was in shock, this was not by any means what I was expecting. I didn't even know what I was expecting, but this surely wasn't it. My jaw dropped, I didn't know what to say, I was speechless.

Every inch of the locker room had been filled with hundreds of copies of this photo:

As I stood there, my jaw dropped, and all attention was fixated on me. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Every surface was covered with countless copies of that picture. From the floor to the walls, the ceiling, and even the lockers - inside and out - you couldn't look at one spot without seeing that picture. Laughter erupted from everyone around me, while I remained in a state of utter disbelief. Who would do something like this? Ah, yes... Katie, she was the only one capable of pulling something like this off.