Chapter 1: Myterious person

A new semester has begun, and you were on your way to university. You were known for your punctuality, always arrive a good two hours before your lectures, determined to make the most of your time. You despise lateness with a passion; it was one thing you could not tolerate. As an intelligent, ambitious, and exceptionally bright student, you strive to be among the best.

Today was no exception, I made my way to the university, my brisk steps echoing through the quiet corridors. No one was here yet, since my first lecture starts early. I decide to read, so I take out the book that I am currently reading.

Abruptly, the sound of approaching footsteps disrupted the silence. My ears perk up, and I raise my gaze from the pages to find out who that could be. Not even professors are here this early. The resonant click of heels reverberated down the corridor, drawing nearer with each passing moment. Then, like a fleeting shadow, a figure walks past me. I strained my eyes to catch a glimpse of the stranger, but the person's face reminds hidden.

Who was this mysterious person, and what brings them to the quiet corridors of the university at this early hour?

Unexpectedly. my train of thoughts are interrupted by the sound of my phone chiming, signaling a notification from my best friend Harper.

                                                                                   Harps

"Hey Val, I just woke up. I'll be there in 30 minutes."

I continue reading, until I hear Harper shouting my name. "Hey dude I missed you!" Harper said while hugging me. "Relax, its been 3 weeks! But i missed you too!" I said. "Ugh, why did you have to be with your mother the last three weeks of summer? ". "Oh, I havent told you yet. She thinks only because she is paying for uni I have to visit her. I did miss my mom but I hate her new boyfriend. I really miss my dad.I said. "Yeah, he was really great." She said. "By the way, why are you here this early? You normally come 10 minutes late!" I say, not wanting to talk about my dad anymore. "Come on Val, It is the first day, and I'm not always that late." She says. "We both know thats not true." I say and we both laugh.

Harper and I catch up until the first lecture begins, we stride together into the lecture hall.  Opting for the front row, both Harper and I settle down. In an unexpected twist, the door swings open, and the unmistakable sound that had captured your attention earlier resonates once again---the distinct click-clack of heels against the floor. Time seems to stand still as I raise my gaze, only to find myself frozen in place.