Chapter 2: The new professor

The mysterious person standing before me was none other than my new professor. However, there was something about her that transcended ordinary beauty, resembling an angel. Her perfect tailored suit accentuated her elegant stature, while her lustrous blonde hair cascaded down her shoulders in a captivating manner. It was her eyes, though, that truly mesmerized me, sparkling. She introduced herself as Professor Olsen. I could listen to her voice for hours.

I was staring at my new professor. Harper caught me staring, she informed me that the lecture was already over, and most people had already left. We exited the lecture hall together, heading towards the cafeteria. With a curious tone, she asks, "So, what was all that about?". Confused I reply, "What do you mean?". Harper chuckles and exclaimed, "Professor mommy Olsen, obviously!". I quickly denied, "No way! I would never.." Harper interrupts me, teasingly stating, "Yeah, right, dude. I know you too well to belive that isn't true." I force a half hearted laugh, failing to find the humor in her comment. As we settle down at a table in the bustling cafeteria, I can't help but feel a mix of embarrassment. Harper was always the percetive one, seeing through my facades with uncanny accuracy. Taking a deep breath, I decide to confide in her.

"Okay, fine," I admit. "Maybe I was a little captivated by Professor Olsen. But it's not like I can help it. She has this magnetic presence that draws everyone in." Harper leans back in her chair, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. "I knew it!". "Don't exaggerate! Dude, I have professor Evans next, I don't want to." I say. Have fun with the old geezer." Harper says. "Ha Ha.." I respond.

-----------------------

The following day arrives, and as per my usual routine, I find myself early once again. The familiar sound from yesterday reaches my ears omce more, but today I immediately recognize its source. It's Ms. Olsen. She comes to a halt, looking directly at me, and asks, "You again? You're in my lecture, right? Are you always here this early?". "Yeah, and I'm usually the only one, so I was taken aback to see you here," I respond, my voice laced with a hint of confusion. She chuckles softly, and in that moment, her smile illuminates the darkness around us, leaving me breathless. "See you later," she says, her tone friendly. "By the way, what's your name?" With my heart racing, I manage to stammer, "Valerie Adair." Her smile widens, and she walks away, leaving me standing there, thankful for the dim lightning that conceals the deep blush spreading across my face.

I got a text message from Harper, she got sick. Great. I have to be in Ms. Olsen's class without Harper. With just five minutes remaining until the lecture begins. I make the decision to enter the levture hall ahead of time. To my surprise, only Ms Olsen is present, and as our eyes meet, she graces me with a gently smile. In that instant, I feel as though I could melt from the sheer warmth of her expression. As the lecture begins I find myself motivated to work harder than ever before, eager to impress Ms Olsen with my dedication. Determination fuels in my every move, and I immerse myself in the material, pushing my intellectual boundaries.

When the lecture finally draws to a close, I join the flow of students exiting the room. Unexpectedtly Ms Olsen catches up to me, offering a kind compliment. "Great work today. You're a smart girl!" she praises, her words causing my cheeks to flush. Hoping she doesn't notice, I manage to utter a greatful "Thank you!" before hurriedly making my way out of the lecture hall, my heart racing.