Chapter 3: Coffee shop talks

I sigh with relief as I realize that I dont have to endure Professor Evan's mathematics lecture. Hearing people discuss his absence. With my next lecture not scheduled for another three hours, I decide to escape to a coffee shop off campus. As I stroll to my destination, my mind couldn't help but think of Ms. Olsen. Shit. I think I developed a small crush on her. I ordered a latte with a dash of cinnamon. Choosing a table, I took out my laptop, to work on some university work. After 15 minutes of focused work, I hear a lovely voice. It was Ms. Olsen. "Hey Ms. Aiden, what are you doing here?" she asks. Surprise washes over me, causing my cheeks to flush red. "Um, Mr. Evans isn't here today, so I decided to come here. The cafeteria is too noisy, and it'ts usually quieter here," I stammer. "Interesting, what are you working on?" she inquired, her eyes fixed on my laptop screen. "Oh, just some studying," I reply nervously. "God, you never stop, do you?"  she chuckles. Her laughter was enchanting, and it stirred something within me. "Haha, no. And Harper is sick, I'm here all alone," I say. "Oh, right, is she okay?" Ms. Olsens voice takes on a tone of serious concern. "Yeah, shes fine. It's just a cold, and she texted me that shes already feeling better." I reassure her. "Thats good to hear. I have to leave now because I have a meeting to attend. I'll see you on Friday, Ms. Aiden," she says, glancing on her watch. "See you on Friday, Ms Olsen," I reply with a smile. As she excites the coffee shop, my gaze follows her until she disappeared from view. I can't handle it. She is incredibly beautiful.

I decide to call Harper, and want to tell her everything. "Dude! She is making me fucking crazy." I say. "Hahaha, you are right. She is something else. Oh by the way, do you want to come over later?" Harper says. "Uhh, aren't you sick?". "Nah, don't worry. Im already feeling better. Come over at 4pm" She says. "Alright, see you then, Harps" I say and end the call.

I look at the time, and realize my next lecture starts in 30 minutes. I decide to walk back. As I'm walking back to campus, I suddenly feel a sharp slap on my ass. Shocked and outraged, I quickly turn around, only to come face to face with my ex-boyfriend Kyle. "Missed me, baby?" he smugly remarks. My anger boils over, and I respond firmly, "What the fuck, Kyle? Don't touch me!" In a feeble attempt to assert his dominance, Kyle retorts, "I know you missed me, sugar. Don't lie. I am the best boyfriend you ever had." I scoff at his delusions and reply, "We broke up a year ago, I'ts honestly pathetic that you're still not over me. Just leave me alone, I dont need this right now."  As I try to distance myself, Kyle grabs my wrist and calls me a "whore," insisting that I still love him. Frustrated and infuriated, I assert myself, saying "Leave me the fuck alone, you weirdo!" Without further hesitation, I break free from his grip.

Now walking to my next lecture in journalism, the incident still fresh in my mind, I open the lecture door, only to be met by curious stares from my classmates. Mr. Hemsworth, my professor, adressses me sternly, "Ms. Aiden, you're late! I didn't expect you to be tardy. Detention!" Feeling a mix of frustration, I say "I can explain-" But he cuts me off, "Don't. Take a seat". "This is all Kyles fault" I think to myself. Now I can't visit Harper. Great. The lecture is over, and as I'm walking out, Mr Hemsworth stops me. "No, Ms. Aiden, you stay here. A professor will be here soon to watch the students that got detention,but because it's only the first week I doubt there are other students. Have fun," he says sarcastically and leaves. I was the only one in this lecture hall, and decide to tell Harper that I can't come and that I'll explain everything to her tomorrow. I take a seat again and wait until a professor arrives. But when the door opens, I feel my heart stop.

It's Ms. Olsen.