Chapter I. - At the library I.

The sun was setting, its golden light illuminating the library Renáta and Arnold were at.

Old friends, they had a big fallout with each other in high school, Arnold confessed to Renáta, but she loved Cortez. Their relationship almost completely gone they spent the next few years barely talking as Arnold went to live in Paris. Now as Renáta came to study at a Parisian university too, they started to rekindle their friendship. No longer was Arnold jealous of Cortez for being in a relationship with Renáta, he was happy for them.

Now him and Renáta met every couple of weeks at the famous Bibliothèque du Fromage Malodorant, where they discussed everything from current events, through books they read recently, to events in their personal lives.

And now, the warm light seeping in through the clear glass panes, they continued their discussion of the latest news.

"Can you believe these children vigilsnties are still roaming around free of consequence" - Arnold sourly said, pushing his glasses higher on his nose.

"But they protect the city! And they've never let us down before!" - Renáta passionately argued for her usual position on the topic.

"Whatever. I still think they should work with law enforcement if they really need to. But I just can't understand why they don't give their miraculoi to the police... I'm sure they would find more. *suitable* holders." - He rolled his eyes - "Maybe ones that don't have a bedtime?" - Arnold brought his signature bored, mocking tone.

"May be so..." - Renáta conceded, not educated enough to argue against the unjust and brutal institution of the police. - "But you have to agree, Ladybug and Chat Noir are iconic."

"I can't argue with that." - He smiled faintly.

It was at that point in their conversation that the librarian lady came back from her baguette croustillante break, and noticed the friends talking.

"Have I not told you enough times already? NO TALKING INSIDE THE LIBRARY! GET OUT!" - She whispered loudly, careful not to break her own rules.