Chapter V. - At the library III.

All those inside the library were taken aback when the door slammed wide open, only for a handsome young man with dark hair to barge in. They didn't have much time to process his newfound presence, however, as they suddenly were confronted with a much more pressing issue.

"A-Arnold?" - Renáta asked her friend, scared. - "Arnold, snap out of it!"

Far away in an evil lair, Hawkmoth was surprised: Ohhohhoh! Maybe those annoying heroes couldn't foil my plans so easily after all!

"Can you hear me Bookworm?"

"What-"

"I need your help, Bookworm. Ladybug and Chat Noir. The misguided people celebrate them as heroes, but you know what they really are. A bunch of irresponsible children who carelessly destroy fine literature on a whim. They don't care about Csokonai, they haven't even heard of Jókai Mór. They haven't even read... They haven't even read Egri Csillagok!

"NOO" - Arnold screamed out loud. He was slowly being more and more riled up by Hawkmoth's words, and when he mentioned his favorite book... The idea of these "heroes" desecrating that which is so dear to him was too much to bear. His mind went blank with fury.

Books were like a castle to him. When feelings and human connections just got too... messy, he would retreat into literature. In a way, books were the anchor between his mind, his inner world, and the physical world, a crucial link. It was through his love of books that he could finally connect with someone when starting high school. Seeing Ladybug and Chat Noir knock over bookshelves, hurting books, it was like his castle's walls falling. He couldn't let them besiege his fortress, his world and not retaliate. He was going to take their miraculous so that they'll have to learn their place. He was going to teach them a lesson or two.

"Arnold!!! You have to fight it!!" - Renáta was panicking. Cortez stood beside his panicking girlfriend and took her hand in his.

"Step back Reni." - He encouraged the girl to stay a safer distance away from the soon-to-be super villain.

"He's right, it's not safe." - Chat added

"Arnoldddd!!!" - She screeched as she was pulled away

"Arnold's no more! Je m'appelle BOOKWORM!"

A/N: Ugh this is such an ineffective chapter naming scheme but I'll stick to it at this point

A/N: Ugh this is such an ineffective chapter naming scheme but I'll stick to it at this point... I'll try to do better in later works <3