Training Day

Ariel's POV
I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock going off, so I lazily roll over to press the switch off. I sit up in bed with my hair all frazzled everywhere and then get up off my bed. I go to the bathroom to turn the sink on to brush my teeth. As I finish up in the bathroom I grab my new clothes to change into. Then I reach over for my hair brush to tame my out of control hair and just in case of emergency I grab a hair tye and put it on my wrist. I hear what sounds like a cricket chirping, I step out and notice my scouter flashing. So I go to pick it up and realize I'm running late!? On my first official day I'm running late. So I quickly grab my note books a few pens and pencils then run out of my room towards the elevators. I frantically press the down button till I hear the low beep and the doors opens. I dash inside then press the button for the first floor. I paced back and forth in the small elevator till it beeps and the door slides open. I dash out and remembering the way out that Brolock showed me. I hear loud chattering from the food court as I approach it closer. As I enter the food court I look around for Brolock and I spot him talking to someone else. The other guy seemed very short compared to Brolock. I start to walk over towards him and noticed that the other guy noticed as well.

Brolock's POV
"Yo so what's your plans today Brolock," Carson asks me.

"Oh well you know probably training with my new partner."

"Oh? Sounds fun."

"Yeah. Hope it goes well."

"Hey! There's a girl coming to us."

"Hm," as I turn to see Ariel coming towards us.

"Good morning," she says to us.

"Well good morning to you," Carson says.

I kind of sneer at him but then turn back to Ariel smiling," Good morning."

"Sorry am I late?"

"Late for what? Seeing me," Carson tries to flirt with her.

"Um. No sorry I don't think we've ever met before?"

"No but would you like to know me more?"

So I decided to break the awkward flirting," Okay I think you're done here Carson? My partner and I are going to be busy."

"Oh what!? Your partner is a girl?"

"Is that a problem? Carson," Ariel says as if she were annoyed already.

He shakes his head," No, no. I just didn't know."

"Well now you do. Now if you'll excuse us Brolock and I will be taking our leave now."

She quickly grabs my wrist and pulls me away from Carson. I look back at him and gives me a thumbs up, I roll my eyes but continue to follow Ariel. We come to a stop near one of the soda dispensaries.

I rub the back of my head embarrassingly," Hey I'm sorry for that Carson can be strange at unwanted times."

"Huh? Oh no I didn't really pay attention. I just wanted to apologize for being late."

"Huh? You're not late."

"What? But my scouter was flashing and beeping."

"Oh that? That's the first alarm to come down here for breakfast," as I chuckle a little.

"Oh my gosh. I should've checked before rushing."

"It's alright. If you're hungry you can go ahead and get something I'll wait."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Here I'll take your note books for you so you can go."

"Really?"