Life Cycle

Pug Life:
When they are born, they are deaf, blind, and puffy. They are equivalent to confused cotton balls.

Because of this, they are weak and defenseless, and needs their family and community for support until they are at least 2 months old.

At 2 months, they will gain eyesight and their hearing, and will be sassy little buggers. They will need help, but less than before.

They'll also sound like this:

Childhood:
Over the course of 18 years, they will be losing their puffiness. They will shed their fur like huskies or baby penguins.

They will develop shorter fur and some excess fur on the top of their heads (like hair). They will also develop some color as well.

Teen Angst:
Oh boy. We all know puberty right?

The rate of their development will be effected by their mental state. If they are in a healthy, stable environment, they will develop slower, but will be healthy.

However, if in a stressful, abusive environment, they will grow faster, but will be less healthy and are likely to have complications throughout their life.

Adulthood:
They will age significantly slower for about a few thousand years.

Death:
So, when they die, rigor mortise sets in and they rapidly decay until they become dust.

Saves cleanup.