The battle with the red death

.

.

.

Hiccup and Althea were staring at the volcano with determine eyes.

"Ready when you are", Althea said to Hiccup softly.

Hiccup nodded before chuckling a bit, "Well this is ironic."

Althea confusingly asked,"How so?"

"Well I ran away to avoid killing a dragon but look what we are about to do," Hiccup stated.

Althea blinked her eyes before forming a smile and started laughing. She looked over to him and said, "I always wondered why is it so important for a viking to killing a dragon?"

"Killing a dragon shows true strength and power to the other vikings," hiccup explained . He scratched his head a little, "To me however, it was really important to try and kill one so that my dad can finally see me as his son and the village can see me as a true viking."

"Hiccup.." Althea softly said before smiling ,"I have a feeling that fate has a different destiny for you. Not as a viking but as someone else, Someone that can help others in need."

"...Thanks, Althea," Hiccup said before smirking. "you know...if anyone back on Berk knows what I am about to do.. They would have treated me as some kind of a God or something..."

"Why?" Althea asked.

"Because I found the dragon's nest that so many other generations of viking in the past have failed to find," Hiccup explained. He looked down at his hands,"Even... Even my own father couldn't find it.."

"Impressive," Althea murmured before sighing. "Your father failed to notice your intelligence. Your people shouldn't be killing dragons just for strength and glory. War is never the answer.. Peace is.."

Hiccup smiled softly before the two of them ordered their dragon's to blast the volcano wall.

.

.

.

.

-Meanwhile in Berk-

Stoick woke up with a smile on his face before getting up and started getting ready as today, his son would get the honor to kill his very first dragon.

A Monstrous Nightmare, only the bravest Vikings can handle this beast.

Stoick planned to give some pointers to his son on how to deal with this creature but when he went downstairs, his son was not there. Hiccup normally was the one that cooks.

'He probably left to the forest to get some practice in,' thought Stoick.

The Chief sighs and decided to go to the Mead Hall to get something to eat there. When he got there, he spotted his best friend, Gobber eating his breakfast.

"Stoick," greeted Gobber, happily. He went over to the Chief, "Today is the day. Excited I bet."

Stoick laughed, "Excited? No my friend. I'm thrilled! My son, my son is going to kill his very first dragon. Never would I think I get to see the day that my son will get these glories honor."

"Aye, the poor lad was never notice. You know with all of his crazy inventions and the destructions he caused all this years," said Gobber as he adjusted his stone tooth. "Well that's until he showed his true talents during Dragon training."