spending time with new family

.

.

.

.

.

-After spending another hour at the palace-

 The Ryder's took Hiccup and Toothless out to the marketplace. Eva was looking over the list she made while Victor was explaining to Hiccup on how he trains his recruits.

Hiccup has to admit that his adopted father's method was a lot better than his previous father's training. He recalls most of the time he had to dodge out of the way from throwing axes to spars. There was one point where his father told him to smash a rock with his head.

But after seeing that he couldn't do anything, Stoick had Gobber to teach him instead. Another way of saying, you're not a true Viking and you're weak.

"Will...you be training me like that as well?" asked Hiccup. He bites his lip, "And what about Toothless? He can't fight properly since he can't fly on his own."

"I'll have Storm teach Toothless a thing or two about fighting," said Victor before chuckling. "You know if I'm not mistaken, my dragon will adopt your dragon as his own."

Hiccup smiled to know that his best friend was going to gain a father figure as well.

"Alright, we have four hours to get everything that Hiccup needs," Eva started. "First, we need to go to Lottie's Place where we can get his everyday clothes, school uniform, night clothes, ball suits, traveling capes – are you even listening to me, Victor?"

"What – oh yes! Clothes! Whatever you say dear," Victor said .

"Oh stop daydreaming and go order a carriage – now!" Eva insisted before grabbing hold onto Hiccup's arm. "Come along dear. You will need proper clothes for the winter as it can get rather cold here."

Hiccup didn't have much to say when they entered the store.

A woman with long blond braided hair and had gray eyes was sitting at a desk. She looked up and smiled warmly at them, "Lady Ryder, what can we do for you today?"

"Afternoon Charlotte, I want your full service today," Eva said before placing Hiccup in front of her. "You see, I have adopted a son and he needs a new wardrobe – at once!"

Charlotte's eyes shine brightly before shouting over to her assistant. "Margret! Cancel any upcoming appointments right now! We have a full wardrobe order!"

Margret, a young girl with short brown hair and had light brown eyes, nodded her head before running back to the door she came out of. Charlotte grabbed hold onto Hiccup's hand and guided him to a stool. That's when Margret and three other women came with measuring tapes and fabrics on hand.

Outside, Toothless watched his hatchling with a grinning smile. He then heard someone walking up to him. The Night Fury turned his head to see the male human, smiling to him.

"How's Hiccup holding up?"

Toothless cooed before looking over at the window again.

Victor looked over at the window before seeing Hiccup getting fuzzed by Charlotte and her assistants. He sighs, "I feel bad for the poor lad. To endure my wife's shopping fit. Never argue with Eva  about shopping as you'll never win against her."

Toothless titled his head.

"Right, we'll wait right here," Victor said. "We'll be out...soon I hope. Let's go Harold."