five

"I'm sorry that I can't study with you but coach is on my ass about practice lately." Heeseung tells me as we stand by the doors to the library. It's been a week since my whole talk with Heeseung and I told him that I was no longer paranoid but truthfully, I still was.

"It's alright. We can just see one another afterwards, right?" I suggest.

"Of course." Heeseung tells me. "I'll come over to your dorm tonight." He then says and I nod. Heeseung then leans down and kisses me for a moment before pulling away and moving some strands of hair out of my face.

"Have fun at practice." I say with a small smile since I knew he wasn't looking forward to it.

"Yeah, yeah. Have fun studying." Heeseung says back making me giggle. He pecks my lips one more time before heading off to practice.

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

I finish up my homework and studying for a test in Geometry. God, that took me an actual hour for what? I stretched in my seat as I looked around the library when the sign to the Mythology section caught my eye. I couldn't help but smile to myself before I got up and headed to the aisle. I grabbed the first book that I saw on vampires and opened it up, reading through the pages.

----------------------------

No, vampires aren't invisible in mirrors. No, they don't all wear a cape. No, they don't all have a transylvanian accent. And no, if you throw garlic at a vampire, they're not going to burn or die. Those are all thing created by the media when portraying vampires but the original mythology says different.

Here are some random facts about vampires that are much more realistic:

One, they have to be told they can enter one's place of residence before entering. If they're not given clear approval, they cannot enter. After getting that approval, they may enter as they please until ownership of the residence changes.

"Want to come inside? I just have to put some of my stuff away before we go." I tell Heeseung.

I unlock my dorm room with my key and open the door, "I can come inside?" Heeseung asks.

"You can come inside." I say, with a smile as I walk inside.

Two, this is an obvious one but they tend to have sharp teeth even when not in a trance but may just pass it off as it just being natural. Those teeth will get sharper when in their trance or when they're actually biting someone or something.

He winked at me, flashing a smile and I could see his sharp canine teeth from where I sat. Now that I thought about it, it reminded me of one of my old childhood friends who also had naturally sharp canine teeth.

Three, their eyes tend to change color, either going pitch black or a reddish color when in a trance.

"Oh, alright. I'm gonna-" Heeseung pauses for a quick second, and I can't help but notice a slight tint of red in his eyes. I guessed that was just from the lighting of the hall though.

My book gets gently pushed down and I look up, making eye contact with Heeseung. I swear I saw his eye color changed but I figured it was just the lighting of the dimly lit library.

Heeseung slowly walks over to me and I can see that his eyes were once again a different color then normal. Once again though, I just used the excuse for him of how different lighting sometimes changed the color of people's eyes

Four, vampires do not need normal human necessities like normal food and sleep. They can eat normal food, it would just do nothing for them. but they cannot sleep.

On Monday, I walked into my first period class, History. I walked over to my seat and greeted Heeseung. It was amazing how he never managed to look tired in the morning, or actually, ever.

Five, they are the undead so they are going to be very cold. With that in mind, they also will not have a heartbeat.

We start walking towards the school when I feel his hand brush against mine. I look over at him and he smiles a little before he takes my hand in his and starts walking with me, hand in hand. His hand was cold but I liked it.

Heeseung's expression softened and he took my hand, his cold hand not as cold to me as usual since I was already cold as he led me back into the direction I walked from. "You shouldn't come here at night. Definitely not when you're alone."

"I think I'm paranoid." I say as I lean down and press my head against his chest. That's weird, I can't even hear his heartbeat. Heeseung then moves me so that I'm resting my head on his shoulder once again. I guess he just has a naturally faint heartbeat or something like that.

Six, of course, we all know this; they drink blood. In fact, even at the mere sight or even smell of it, they are put in a trance. They can smell blood from far away as well.

On the way to the bathroom, I spotted Heeseung walking my way. He looked like he was looking for something but he stopped when he spotted me as well, smiling a little at me as he came my way. As he walked closer to me, I noticed he slowed down a little but didn't pay much mind to it.

He has me sit on the counter and he pulls out a first aid kit from under the sink. He opens it and gets out some disinfectant wipes. He brings it closer to my hand and so I move my hand out of the way for him so that he could wipe off my cut. He does it slowly and I notice the way he looks deeply at the cut.

----------------------------

I felt stupid, how could I not see all of these completely obvious pointers to the fact that he was a fucking vampire. This book has really highlighted everything for me. I didn't know what I was going to do.