Chapter 30

Recovering from all that fatigue proved to be as simple as sleeping through all his classes. Jaemin woke after the bell rang for his last class and was just a ball of energy.

"Guys! Let's go do something fun!" Jaemin proposed as he hopped around his friends who were still seated in their chairs. 

"I'm fun, do me!" Some random guy said as he stood from his chair. The classroom went silent and Jaemin stood still for all of two seconds before he was jumping back onto Jeno's lap, knocking the air out of him but he'd be okay.

"No thank you." Jaemin responded.

"I was just kidding! Mind if I join you guys? I'm new and I haven't made any friends. My dad sent me some rando number that I texted before I got here but they never responded." The boy looked around the silent classroom.

Jaemin and Jisung's face paled. They looked at each other and then back at the boy.

"Is your dad a police officer?" Jisung asked. The boy nodded confused.

"OH MY GOSH I'M SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT YOU!!"

"HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT HIM??"

"In my defense, I never received any texts from any unknown numbers so maybe I gave you the wrong number or something." Jaemin apologized.

"Oh! So you're Jaemin? I'm Hyunjin!" The boy greets and bows. They all introduce themselves as well and bow. 

"So what are we going to do?"

"Yo Jeno, where's the food?" Donghyuck asks.

"Yeah, I'm hungry!" Hyunjin joins in.

The eleven of them are sat in various arrangements on Jeno's living room floor taking turns playing Mario Kart in groups of four. Jaemin, Jeno, Mark, and Donghyuck are playing right now. Jaemin is on top of Jeno, as per usual, laying on his stomach across Jeno's lap. Donghyuck is seated on a bean bag chair beside them with Mark in between his legs and Mark's head on one of his thighs while Jaemin's head rests on the other. Jisung and Chenle are laying in front of the aforementioned duos with Chenle halfway on Jisung's back with his head right below Jisung's nape and one leg thrown across Jisung's waist while they play phone games waiting for their turn. Hyunjin was seated in a corner on his phone with Snowball in his lap. Yeonjun and Beomgyu were playing a mini game of Uno by the frame that connects the hallway to the living room. Yukhei and Renjun were sprawled across the bottom of the couch behind everyone else, dozing off. 

"You guys know where the kitchen is. Hyunjin, I gave you a tour. Donghyuck you come over all the time." Jeno mumbles absent-mindedly, too focused on beating Mark who's in first place.

Hyunjin and Donghyuck grumble about how it's Jeno's house and they're the guests while Hyunjin goes to get something for the both of them while Donghyuck finishes up his game.

"AH! FOURTH PLACE? AND I LOST TO JAEMIN OF ALL PEOPLE? I hate it here." Donghyuck complains as he tosses the remote and crosses his arms in a sulking manner. Everyone just giggles at his antics. Jaemin takes out his phone to take a picture of his second place status and Donghyuck's fourth for future use before pocketing his phone and crawling off Jeno's lap towards Donghyuck. He gently nudges Mark, who begrudgingly moves from his very comfortable spot to go help Jeno put away the games. Jaemin lays where Mark used to be and hugs Donghyuck's waist.

"It's okay, Hyuckie. Not everyone can be great like me." He "comforts." Donghyuck did not take kindly to that and next thing Jaemin knows, he's being tickled relentlessly, trapped between Donghyuck's thighs, pleading for mercy.