Prideday 24 Intergender

,,Intergender is a gender identity for some intersex people who identify between or as a mix of the binary genders of man and woman. Intergender has sometimes been claimed as a term for anyone who feels a connection with it, whether or not they are intersex. However, that may be an act of appropriation from intersex individuals who need their own language to reflect their experiences. Those who are intersex and use the intergender identity are marginalized not only by society at large but by the intersex community itself. Intersex activists often claim those who are intergender are insignificant due to being a minority. Furthermore, many activists dismiss intergender because of their insistence on a very essentialist definition of intersex. These views are harmful because they perpetuate the blindness and intolerance that justify intersex genital mutilation and other pathological views of intersex. These views also silence those who feel mutilated psychologically and emotionally by the binary system and want to be viewed for more than their bodies." Alya wondered how Marinette and Lila could work together just to get Pietro Rossi, a famous Italian Soccer Player to come to school to explain intergender since the actual student had to skip out due to being ill.