Prideday 30 Aromantic

,,Really again?" Max and Alix burst out laughing seeing that they were wearing the same flag again

,,Aromantic, often shortened to aro, describes people who do not experience romantic attraction, or experience little-to-no romantic attraction. One of the meanings of the A in LGBTQIA+ is Aromantic. Aromanticism is a romantic orientation and may involve forms of attraction that are not necessarily romantic, or interests in relationships that are intimate in other ways. There is no singular experience of aromanticism.

The aromantic spectrum, also known as "aro-spec", ranges from aromantic to alloromantic, referring to people who regularly and consistently experience romantic attraction. People within the aromantic spectrum are part of a community that has much in common. They may use the label aromantic as a close fit for their experiences or use other labels that further describe them. As per the Split Attraction Model, aromanticism is the romantic-orientation counterpart for asexuality. However, aromanticism is not limited to asexuality, as aromantic people can identify as any sexual orientation without forfeiting their aromantic identity." Max started explaining

,,Aromantics are emotionally satisfied without a romantic partnership, instead, finding their needs are met with strong friendships. Aromantic people can still experience love and affection in different forms than a romantic relationship, as love can come from family, friends, colleagues, and sexual partners. Aromantic people can still express their love for their parents, friends, children, or others in their life, which is a valid expression of love; they're just not expressions of romantic love. Moreover, what distinguishes romantic versus non-romantic feelings and behaviors can vary between individuals and cultures, meaning a romantic gesture for one person, regardless of their romantic orientation or lack thereof, might not be romantic for another person. Aromantic Spectrum Awareness Week, previously known as Aromantic Awareness Week, occurs annually the first full week after Valentine's Day. It was established in November 2014 for raising awareness and progressing acceptance of aromantic spectrum identities. It was moved to right after Valentine's Day for those in the aromantic community who had difficulty finding space for their experiences in such a universally romanticized event to come together and celebrate their own unique experiences.", Alix took over, ,,Some aromantic people mention difficulty relating to the concept of "falling in love" or having romantic "crushes". The degree to which people experience such attraction is varied, as some aromantic people are married or have a partner. Others choose to opt out of anything coded as romantic or feel discomfort with the idea of romantic relations. According to Doctor Kristina Gupta, a professor of women's, gender, and sexuality studies, there are a few key signs one might be aromantic. However, aromanticism works in different ways for different people.

Not finding the idea of romantic relationships appealing. Difficulty relating to stories about romantic relationships or finding them confusing. Having a physical attraction to people, but not developing crushes. May also present as not understanding why people behave the way they do when "in love". Developing strong connections with other people, but not wanting to do things associated with romance (i.e. sharing a bed, kissing, holding hands).

Not finding any or most romantic plots in books/movies/media interesting or needed.

When supporting someone who comes out as aromantic, the first thing is accepting and believing their identity to be true. Supporting the relationships of aromantic individuals is critical in helping build a support system, and showing support even if the relationship does not follow cultural norms. Ensuring a queerplatonic partner feels welcome in a friend group or family setting is also important."