10. The Lovers

Trigger Warning!

This chapter depicts graphic sex between two women. There’s also a phallus involved. No seriously, guys, this is full-on erotica, with a lot of sex. Like a lot. And it can get… weird. If that’s not your thing, please skip it. Well, I’ll recommend you skip to the next scene where there isn’t any sex, though there’s a bit of intimacy. Okay, maybe you should skip the whole thing. But there’s going to be a revelation at the end of the chapter that’s relevant to the plot. Try not to skip that one. Happy reading.

* * *

Although Ezerix had warned her beforehand, nothing could have prepared Meredith for the extreme discomfort threatening to claw out of her body. She rushed to the nearest sink to vomit everything in her system. Shit. Was this what it was like to teleport? It was like thirty pounds of chocolate had been forced down her throat. Her grip on the sink tightened as she trembled a little. When she calmed and her head cleared, she splashed some water on her face and washed her mouth thoroughly to get rid of the nauseous taste in her mouth.

“Where’s Nyx?” she asked once she felt at home in her own body again.

“Bedroom.” Ezerix pointed upstairs. Then he vanished in a puff of darkness.

Not caring where the demon guard had run off to, Meredith mounted the stairs two at a time and ran up the narrow hallway to find Nyx’s room. She’d already been there before, both in person and out of body. So it didn’t take long to find the massive bedroom.

Curled up in the humongous king-sized bed, was a naked Nyx, writhing in agony, her face pressed into her pillows. Her powerfully chiseled body shook like a leaf in the wind. Meredith clenched her jaws and her lips trembled. How she wished she could ease the demon’s pain. Well, she could. It was why she was here in the first place.

“Nyx.”

Nyx stiffened immediately and turned. “Meredith?” she whispered. It seemed she’d been crying so much that her voice had become hoarse. “Is that really you? Are you real?”

Nyx’s tortured existence was worse than Meredith thought if the demon couldn’t even sense that someone had teleported into her own home.

“Yes, Nyx. It’s really me.” Meredith eased herself next to Nyx and gathered the woman in her arms. “I’m right here.” Nyx surrendered herself into Meredith’s embrace, holding on for dear life. The witch reveled in the demon’s warmth. It was fire, but the good kind of fire, pleasuring her skin.

Nyx’s trembling intensified, and Meredith didn’t for a second let go. She rubbed the demon’s back and soothingly whispered into her ears, “I’m so sorry. This is all my fault.”

Nyx’s gaze bore into Meredith’s soul and despite her obvious anguish, she smiled at the witch. Like a trained dog, Meredith’s insides clenched, the heat twitching between her legs. Nyx touched Meredith’s cheek and she quavered at the demon’s touch. “None of this is your fault.”

“But you’re in pain because of me.”

Nyx shook her head. “No… It’s not because of you. I don’t like it when you blame yourself for this.”

Maybe she wasn’t to blame. But she couldn’t help feeling that way. She was Nyx’s fated one, and the longer she took to complete the fated bond, the more agonizing it would be for Nyx.

“I want to help.” Meredith gently grabbed Nyx’s face, gazing deeply into her black eyes. Those cold midnight eyes were a constant reminder of Nyx’s suffering. She would do anything to make Nyx’s eyes hazel again, those very eyes she had grown to love. “Your pain… I can stop it, right?”