11. The Family

There was indeed more than breakfast in the morning. The witch couldn’t have enough of Nyx’s body as Nyx brought her over and over to climax. First, it was in the kitchen. Then they were in the shower. Then they took things back to the bedroom again, before returning to the couch in the living room.

Finally, after hours and hours of pleasuring Meredith, Nyx took one look at the bliss on her lover’s face and knew that the witch had had enough.

She sighed, basking in the warmth of her lover’s body. Never had she felt so utterly satisfied, so complete in her life. Normally, she would have to be with multiple women at the same time for several days until she felt half as good as she felt right now. But Meredith was more than enough for her. And once she had her, Nyx was absolutely certain she didn’t want anyone anymore. The witch was an addictive drug she just couldn’t get enough of.

After several minutes of comfortable silence between them, Meredith finally broke the silence. “So, Onixcasria, huh?” Meredith said, tracing circles on Nyx’s chest. Even after all that vigorous lovemaking, Nyx still felt shudders whenever Meredith touched her. “That’s your actual name.”

“Hmm.” Nyx grinned. “Did Ezerix tell you?”

“That, and the fact that I saw almost everyone in your memory calling you by that name.”

“Oh, right.” Nyx had almost forgotten about that. The last stage of the fated bond opened their minds to each other, such that they knew everything the other had experienced. Nyx wondered how much of her almost five-decade worth of memories Meredith still remembered.

“And you go by Onyx Castle?” Meredith chuckled. “So subtle.”

“I’m too attached to my name.”

“I mean, it’s a cute name. I would be attached too.”

It was a simple thing Meredith had said, but the demon couldn’t help but smile earnestly. She gently but firmly held Meredith to her chest, the even rhythm of Meredith’s heart soothing her.

“Hey,” Nyx whispered into Meredith’s ear, “what’s wrong?”

It might not be obvious to anyone, however, Nyx had committed everything about her lover to memory. Even the slightest change in the witch’s mood was very perceptible to her, and right now, she was absolutely certain that something was bothering her girlfriend.

Meredith’s gaze met hers and she sighed. “I just… I guess I’m a little nervous about meeting your family.”

“You have nothing to worry about, my love.”

Meredith smiled. But she didn’t look convinced. “Your parents literally rule Hell.”

“Heldan,” Nyx corrected.

“What?”

“The demon realm… it’s called Heldan.” Then as an afterthought, Nyx added, “I have no idea why people call it Hell.” Seeing the look of puzzlement on Meredith’s face, Nyx continued, “But yes, you’re right. My parents are the supreme monarchs of Heldan. It doesn’t change anything though.”

“Really? You’re the daughter of Lucifer and Lilith. There should be some kind of a rule for Hell’s… Heldan’s princess dating a witch.”

“Please,” Nyx scoffed. “My parents are Primordials. They don’t care about such trivialities like other demons.”

Meredith raised a brow. “Primordials?”

“Yeah. The most ancient cosmic entities.”

“You mean like gods?”