Turning Point.

It was now or never. If I did this there would be no turning back. There would be no way to go back to how it was before and I don't think that I wanted it to. I paced back and forth contemplative. I gripped the already crumpled piece of paper harder in my hand as I descended the stairs trying to decide my next move.

My mind was awash with different thoughts and options as my body moved on its own moving me out of the room and down the stairs. I faintly heard familiar voices coming from the living room so that's where I unconsciously headed.

"Declan?" Owen's soft voice brought me from my silent musings.

"Look..." I avoided eye contact as I started rubbing my hand along the back of my neck. "You guys were right. I shouldn't be hiding these things from you and I'm sorry. I've been the one protecting Owen for years and that's all I know. It's hard for me to turn it off my overly protective side all of a sudden now that we're facing this big threat."

"But you don't have to be the one to fight them alone Declan. You have mates for a reason. I agree that Owen shouldn't be in any war and I'm fiercely protective of him as well so I understand but that doesn't mean you don't tell us about it. We love you Declan and all we want is for you to share with us your problems." Set answered me as he stood up from the couch.

Owen pulled his knees up to his chest as he stared ahead watching the both of us as Set walked towards me. He wrapped his arms around me and instantly my face found its way to the crook of his neck where I breathed in his spicy scent allowing it to comfort me completely.

"I'm so sorry." I whimpered into his chest as I tried to hold the tears in. I had managed to cause nothing but trouble and yet here they were comforting me as if I hadn't done anything at all. It was if it was all forgiven.

"Don't worry. We'll figure this all out together as long as you don't keep hiding things from us." Set murmured as he buried his face in my hair. I felt a second pair of arms wrap around me from behind and Owen's face press into my back as he hugged me tight.

"We still love you Decky." He sighed. "But you can't keep being an ass."

"Well this is certainly a momentous day for you Owen. Two curse words in one day?" I questioned teasingly.

"What can I say? My mate brings out the worse in me." He giggled.

"That's not always a bad thing." I replied as I pulled away from Set and quickly maneuvered Owen around so that he was trapped in between us two. He giggled as Owen began to attack his face with kisses. Once he settled down some Set quickly transported us to our room where we quickly made our way to the bed.

"So what do we do now?" I questioned.

"I've actually been thinking about this and I think I know what we can do to help without you going over there and practically giving your Uncle what he wants." Set spoke up as Owen snuggled up under the sheets.

"Go on..." I replied.

"We would need to talk to your father about this but when you tried to leave I realized two things. One, we haven't been using my powers as best we could and two, I think I know how to get rid of that barrier that seems to be giving us trouble." He smirked.

"Really? All this because I was trying to run away? I think someone needs to thank me." I teased.

"I will never thank you for trying to leave me." Set growled lowly almost sounding like a wolf himself.

"Calm down. I was definitely kidding." I laughed nervously as my mate simply glared at me. "Or don't, your choice."

"So what do we do now?" Owen questioned as he climbed over me and laid his body flush against mine.