Best Dessert Ever.

"No! That's impossible. I can't believe it! There is no way you can shift into a griffin." Osiris exclaimed loudly as he stared at my father who simply nodded his head proudly.

Osiris sat back in his chair a little too hard causing the front legs of his chair to raise up off the ground as he did. His laughter boomed and echoed through the entire dining room startling me but amusing my dad. His chair slammed back down on the floor as he looked over at my dads.

"Of course I can. What did you think these large wings on my back are for?" He laughed as he opened and closed his wings causing stray feathers to flutter to the floor.

It was safe to say that mostly everyone at the table was drunk as words were slurred and the mood was a much lighter one compared to the tense one earlier this evening. Once we had our little moment with Nicholai everything had calmed down some and that's when the sweet nectar that they had called beer came out.

It was nothing like the beer we had back home. Instead it was almost sweeter and wasn't so harsh that Owen didn't drink it. He actually downed the most of it on our end leaving Set and I rather buzzed but quite aware of what was happening around us. Owen however was a little more than wasted as he swayed from side to side in his seat.

Light, ethereal music was floating through the room aiding the calm that had swept over us all. The servants had long since disappeared from the room but every so often they would check to make sure we had enough beer and food to keep us happy.

Both sides of the table had begun to relax more and when there wasn't as much tension in the air we had a genuinely good group of people to talk to. Osiris was a lot more interesting and less of a jerk when he let loose. He questioned Nicholai, Mateus, and Imani about everything and our dads did his best to answer it in his hazy state.

Damien let the child hidden inside him loose and had shifted as well as Anubis and both were running around in their animal forms and playing with each other drunkenly like they were pups. Mateus, who was one of the only ones actually not completely drunk, wrestled with an overly affectionate Imani who wanted to sneak off to their room and do naughty things. His words, not mine.

That was something that Owen mirrored quite well. He purred lowly in my ear as he leaned over to say something to me. My mind was fogged by the unique beer but I was sober enough to know what it was that my mate wanted tonight and I was sure going to oblige him.

"You know for...for...shifters you're not too bad." Osiris commented to my fathers.

"And for a pompous jerk of a god you're not too bad either." Nicholai replied without hesitation.

"I have an empire to run I can't be any-anything besides a pompous jerk of a god." Osiris smirked.

The man was actually quite handsome when he wasn't trying to ruin our fresh relationship. I don't think that he as all that terrible but I do think that he was trying to get back at Set for all that he's done to him. I don't know if it would work though because we weren't so easily swayed and we wouldn't leave our mate so easily.

Amun had long since took a light weight Rue up to the room with a slightly drunken Kaya trailing behind. It was entertaining to see Kaya even a little drunk because he had always been so careful about things like that but he was slightly more talkative when he was drunk.

Nothing crazy but he was laughing at the things that Osiris had said and making jokes of his own. He had even shifted once or twice to run around with Damien and Anubis who were more than happy to have a new play thing of their own. Both of them swatted at Kaya and nipped at him until he shifted back and followed Amun out the room still chatting lightly about nothing.