Afterglow

The following day, Edmund and I met others during the breakfast.

- How were you sleeping? Well? - Peter asked us.

- Very well, thank you. - I answered.

Edmund laughed.

- You know, we had a great night, brother. - Edmund said.

- I do, I do. And I wish I didn't hear everything I have. - Peter said honestly.

After some small talks I realised that there was one person missing. Lucy came into the Hall with screams.

- Peter! Peter! Peter! - Lucy was screaming.

- Lucy, what happened? - Susan asked her sister.

- Guys! You won't believe this! - Lucy was so excited.

- Lucy, calm down and tell us what happened? - Peter said calmly.

Lucy breathed deeply.

- Aslan's there. He's outside, let's go and see him, y'all. He wants to see you, mostly you, Hermione. - Lucy explained.

Something like a breeze touched my face and my heart. I felt weird. Aslan, that founder of Narnia and elite wanted to see me? He's here now?

- Lucy, what are you talking about? - Edmund was as surprised as me.

- It's obvious. Aslan always shows himself when you are here, in Narnia. Legends saying that he's connected with you somehow. - Caspian explained.

- Peter. - Susan spoke. - Do you think, Aslan will want to send us to England again?

Peter sighed.

- No, he can't. We're staying this time. - Peter decided.

This time?

We went to meet Aslan outside. He was huge, he was looking scary but something was making me feel respect to him.

Everyone knelt down so did I.

- Wake up, kings and queens of Narnia.

Everyone beside me woke up.

- Wake up too, Hermione Granger. The bravest soldier that represents Gryffindor and whole Hogwarts here. - Aslan spoke again.

I stood. And finally I looked into his eyes. They were shining.

- What am I doing here? I should be at Hogwarts. There's a battle, I need to help my friends. - I said.

- Yes, that's true. I thought my High King taught you there's a different time here and there.

- Yes, he has but... I am still afraid of my friends.

- That's obvious. You're a good person. I came here to send you back to Hogwarts.

- So... you're not here because you want us to be back in England? - Edmund asked to be sure.

- No, Edmund. I promised you can stay here for a longer time. - Aslan spoke.

I breathed.

- Why did you send me here? Why did you want me to meet Hogwarts founders? I don't think I deserved this honour. - I said honestly.

- Hermione, yes, it was the greatest honour of yours. If you want to know why I sent you here, let's talk alone. Just you and me. - Aslan said.

I agreed and went alone with Aslan on a walk.

- So... why did you send me here, Aslan? - I didn't know how should I talk to him.

- I am surprised you didn't realise it earlier. - Aslan said honestly.