An updraft?

A couple weeks after his injuries healed, Revali gained a letter under his door, informing him of the competition to arrive. He gets out of bed, stretching and getting ready for the day. He had begun thinking of what he was going to do while polishing his bow. He had already seemed to have forgotten the death of his mother.

Once his bow was fully polished, Revali headed out, making sure to wave hello to anyone he saw. He hated being seen as weak by the locals. It meant he wasn't as strong and tough as he wanted to be. Lost in thought, Revali hadn't noticed a Zora who, unbeknownst to him, would soon be a close friend. She apologized and introduced herself as Mipha, princess of Zora's Domain. Revali muttered his reassurance and soon took of from a flight point.

He was getting sick of that, launching  from the put in place flight paths. He wanted to fly from anywhere. He'd already perfected his aim, but he was pretty slow, and could never make it high enough without kicking off of something. He was pretty sick of that, too.

After a couple hours of nocking an arrow, picking himself up, and firing, Revali was pretty tired, so he went and picked up every arrow he had fired, and went to sit by the fire he had made. He went to pull an apple off of one of the trees, but couldn't quite reach it. He was considering shooting it down, but decided against. He gave up and squated down.

"What am I going to do with myself," Revali muttered to himself, "How am I going to win a stupid competition if I can't even get and apple off a tree?" Revali then felt an upward  spiraling wind underneath him. He was curious, so he tried take off, launching him skyward, but not well and not for long.

"An updraft?" Revali was very confused but deduced this would be useful during the contest. He picked some easier to get apples and baked them.

After enjoying his apples, Revali decided he would try and train with the updraft a while longer. He trained for hours, but just couldn't stay in the eye of the draft. He decided to turn in for the night, heading for the launch point he had built for himself, and flying home.
-------------------
A/N
I think I'm just going to add one of these underneath ever chapter, also hello irl friends :) big shout out to yall, if not for you guys, I wouldn't be writing this at all!