Light the night, Starry eyed.

Erwin helped you complete your chores and you'd help him showing him shortcuts and small hacks of the sort. He'd help you carry wood and you'd spoil him in conversation about his books and what he'd read. According to him he recently read Romeo and Juliet which spurred the whole chitchat of love considering that was one of the main themes.

"What is your opinion on love?"

Such a question caught you off guard as you instantly dropped your load resulting in Erwin quickly setting his down to help you. Seeing the shocked painting mixed with nervousness on your face he quirked his droplet-shaped brows.

Pondering you quickly thought back to your father's marriage with your mother, the pain of losing her, and the sorrow he had to deal with when recovering from the loss. It was unbearable, it burned at his heart unfailingly and he'd occasionally break silently in attempts of bolstering his demeanor. If love was so genuine and beautiful why did it always burn so strongly? Your parent's love was like a flower blooming to the fullest extent before someone crushed the blooming bud causing the petals to flutter and fall leaving them to rot.

"I think love makes you weak.", you said simply. You appall even yourself when you had said that, you wanted to give him a counterfeit sugar-coated answer yet your heart deluded you with its blatant sincerity. "Love deceives and prospers on the pain it inflicts upon his victims, just like my father." You took a pause and decided to sit on the grassy hill along with the wood beside you while Erwin did the same expecting you to elaborate.

"I like to think my father used to be delighted with my mother before she died giving birth to me. The more I look at it he's very grim and focused on the future I'll be residing in", explaining the grievous love story between your parents you noticed Erwin stared at you with a pitiful look. Seeing his hand etch closer to yours you stared at him suspiciously causing him to pull it back suddenly.

"Well, our parents were very different then. I always found it admirable how my father remained the same even after my mother died... but I think he did feel a form of pain, which make your point of view understandable.", he fiddled around with his fingers trying to maintain his composure, but Erwin wanted to tell you about his intentions for the future as well as what he perceived love as he reckoned you'd be able to understand him, or maybe he could change your point of view.

"But love makes you vulnerable and you're able to share that with your significant other which makes you both stronger in my opinion...", he murmured the last part and you saw just how his eyes were shifting to see how you were comprehending his words. He was scanning your face and you truly couldn't bring yourself to understand why he had felt the need to reach you in such a proximity.

"Maybe that's true, but a part of me mistrusts it, love is too confounded and there are so many forms and methods it's too difficult to comprehend.", you sighed leaning your head into the thick patches of grass.

"Don't you think that maybe, in the future, you could find somebody that could make you change your mind?", Erwin turned his body toward you, he was usually inquisitive about theoretical topics yet topics about courtship were never truly expected from him.

"I don't know, how about you?" Seeing as you were curious about his response, Erwin's eyes lit up in such a childish manner you knew he'd respond with something cheesy and unexpected.

"I hope so, I've always wanted to start a family, it sounds cheesy I know but..." Seeing as your brow quirked and you held back a smile he quickly paused.

"You're telling me, Erwin Smith, wants domesticity?"

"Shut up! When you put it like that you make me sound weird.", his face immediately whirled red and he glared at you. Not once had you ever seen those weirdly shaped brows look indignant or embarrassed.

"Sorry sorry, continue with your dream for the future I'm interested.", you nudged him slightly prompting him to continue.

"I don't know I just like the idea, it is very precious and basic, I'd want to have what my parents had for such a small period. I'd want to be married, I would want children, and you know all of that."

Seeing as he grew very uneasy at the end of his statement you noticed the tiny tufts of grass that were being kicked out of the dirt. Erwin was very apprehensive and embarrassed as he revealed such an intimate part of himself to a close friend.

In hopes of easing his apparent tension, you smiled genuinely, "That's sweet, I hope you find that person in your future."

Despite the naive moments and heartfelt conversations, you cherished every moment with the blond. One of that moments was when your affection for writing had been relit by the familiar blonde.

You remembered catching the blonde reading a journal you had thrown out. He sat by a tree flipping through the pages and furrowing his brows as he analyzed your creative literature.

"Did you throw this out?", he held up the neat leather notebook watching as your eyes widened and you immediately tried snatching it from his grasp.

"I did for a reason. Why do you have it.", you slouched beside him leaning against the bark as you made a mental goal to get the small journal back.

"Why though?", he placed it beside him keeping it away from your sight.

"My writing in that book isn't exactly worthy to be read or assessed. It is flawed.", you admitted holding your hand out expectantly waiting for it to be placed in your grasp. "Now can I have it back? I answered your question."

"No. I want to know why you feel that way toward your creation." Crinkling your brows you frowned imminently and tried reaching over to the side the notebook was on which resulted in Erwin propping his knees up preventing you from moving forward.

"No one likes what I write, according to my mentor it's too volatile and unable to be understood."

"I think your writing is amazing. You have excellent use of metaphors, and despite being wordy you're very descriptive, as much as it takes a talented person to write, it takes a talented person to read.", he handed you the small journal back yet you gaped at him with an aghast look on your face your mouth open slightly and your brows arched to the heavens.

"You think so? No one's ever said that to me before..." you held the small book to your chest before staring down at your feet.

"I mean it, you shouldn't give up on your passions because you're faced with a dismissive audience.", he placed a comforting hand on your shoulder and you glowed lightly allowing him to soak up your joy and genuine emotions that were being emitted off your body.

"You're very sweet Erwin."