Chapter 19: how it was

Marks pov
"Baby wake up" a voice said "mhm what?" I asked rolling over "we need to go get your meds" jay said "do I have too?" I asked "yes I love you but you been on a spiarl for two weeks" he said "okay" I said I sit up letting out a sigh I take off my shirt and head to the closet I grab a black shirt throwing it on the bed before going into the bathroom "how did you get that?" he asked I turn around "get what?" I asked "that cut" he said pointing to my side "oh one of the goons we fought that day at zacks house" I said letting out a breath "okay" he said "alright lets go" I said we head downstairs "wheres jack?" I asked "oh I forgot to tell you he is ats matts" he said "oh okay" I said we leave the house and get into my truck to go to the doctors for my meds. When we get to the doctor I start to get nurvous and I fiddle with my rings jay puts a hand on my arm "its okay baby calm down" he said we go to the back "okay mark I know you are here for your meds but I am going to need to give you a full check up because you have not had one in a while" the doctor phil said "what that was not the plan" I said starting to panic "it will be okay mark" jay said I let out a sigh phil checks my breathing "mark I need you to lift up your shirt please" he said "no" I said "I have to check you you know the rules" he said "come on baby just do it" jay said "shit" I mumble to myself "what was that?" phil asked "nothing" I said I lift up my shirt but I still cover my cut "can I see higher please?" he askes "phil" I said "I need too sorry" he said I lift my shirt "mark you didnt" he said I stayed quite "mark" he said "no I didnt not this time" I said "okay then what happened?" he asked "alex was getting jumped by some people and they had a blade" I said "uh and what about these?" he asked "they are nothing" I said "mark did you burn yourself?" he asked "no I didnt phil just fucking leave it" I said looking at him dead in his eyes "mark you promised you werent going to hurt yourself again" he said "I fucking didnt do anything" I said "you know what happens when you hurt yourself off your meds" he said "thats your fucking fault not mine so if you want to send me to the shrink then go ahead but remember what fucking happened last time you sent me there huh!?" I asked getting pissed "so just give me my fucking meds" I said he sighed he handed me a prescription for my meds I put back on my shirt and I head out of the room "mark you okay?" jay asked "yeah im fine" I said he kisses me we get into my truck this time he drives "I dont ever remember you going to a shrink" he said "thats because I fought the doctors and left" I said "yeah I can believe that" he said I chuckled a bit we get to the place to get my meds I go to the prescription desk "hey randle" I said "hey" he said "thanks for this I need it its better than the other job" he said "yeah no problem" I said I hand him my prescription he goes into the back for a while jay comes up to me and kisses me then rests his head in my chest I rub his back "you okay?" I asked "just a headache" he said "I will get you pain reliver when we get home" I said he nodded "here you go" randle said "thanks man" I said "tell mitch we said hi" I said "will do" he said me and jay walk out we start to head home. When we get home I get jay some pain reliver "thanks baby" he said "anything for you darling" I said kissing him he gets up and walks to the bathroom I see his phone going off I pick it up "hey jack whats up?" I asked "hey dad uhm someone wants to talk to you" he said "hi is this the parent of jack?" his princeable askes "what did he do?" I asked "he got into a fight with another kid" she said I just smile "yeah thats my kid" I said I hear jack laugh in the background "yeah we will come get him in a minute" I said "okay" she said hanging up the phone jay comes back "we need to go get our kid" I said "why what happened?" he askes "he got into a fight" I said "yeah he is deffintaly our kid" he said we go to jacks school. When we get to his school we walk through the halls I hear people talking and pointing at us we get to the office "ah mark thought you dropped out?" the office lady said "I did im here for my kid" I said "your kid?" she askes "yeah jack ridder" I said "well you know where he is" she said I smirked walking to the princable office with jay right behind me I open the door "mark what are you doing here?" she asked "oh and jay thought you boys left" she said I pointed at jack "your his parent?" she asked "they both are" jack said "come on jack lets go" I said "I already know he wont be back for another two days" I said "where is alex isnt he always with you two?" she asked "not anymore" jay said grabbing my hand "oh im sorry" she said "its alright you did not know" I said and we leave "so how was your night with matt?" jay asked jacks face turned bright red "it was uhm great" he said me and jay let out a low laugh "aw shut up guys" he said "also did you call me dad?" I asked "I--I uh" he said "its fine call me whatever" I said I look over at jay "damn it!" jay said he pulls out his wallet and hand me a fifty "wait what?" jack asked "me and mark made a bet on who you will call dad first too" jay said "damn guys and to think I really thought I would have called jay dad first" jack said "you surprised all of us" I said.