8: Gentle

Requested by: mama_mia15

Charlotte POV:

Nerves wrecked my body as my mind continued to wander to the pictures Lady Danbury illustrated for me, is that what was supposed to occur on my wedding night? How scary. I couldn't imagine how that thing would ever go inside of me, let alone have George close to me for long enough so we may do that. Ugh, I cannot let myself be plagued with these thoughts any longer, I simply must distract myself with whatever it is a Queen is to do.

"Brimsley?" I called out over my shoulder as I plopped the embroidery I was working on down into my lap.

"Yes, your majesty?" he asked, closing the gap between the five paces and standing in front of me.

"Would you ensure I wore blue for dinner tonight? Just because there is no one to see me looking beautiful doesn't mean I shouldn't dress as such," I gave him a flat smile and looked back down to where I left off in my embroidery.

"Of course, your majesty, I shall let your ladies' maids know right away," Brimsely said, turning to the Butler and passing off the instructions.

I gave a satisfied exhale and let my thoughts wander back to what colors I should add to the flowers.

Dinner time...

My stomach was growling as my ladies secured the finishing touches to my bright blue dress, hemmed with navy and white ribbons, that held my corset against my skin. They finished their work as I stepped off the perch placed in front of my mirror and went to slip my shoes on, white with sapphires at the toes. I looked back around towards the mirror to take in my presence once again, and gave a satisfied smile to the reflection staring back at me, as well as the ladies that had dressed me. They returned the gesture with slight giggles and curtsies, nearly touching their knees to the floor, good god.

The door swung open as I made my way to the dinner table, where I was surprisingly met with my husband whose back was turned to me until he heard my shoes clacking against the marble floor. He turned around, and my god he was even better looking then I remembered wearing a dashing black coat and his hair grown out to perfection. I was so stunned by his presence I nearly froze, before collecting myself and giving him a curtsey.

"Charlotte, there is no need for formality," he said, talking slowly and quietly as if attempting to share a private moment in a room full of servants.

I straightened my back out as he walked a bit closer to me, "Where have you been?" I asked, not angered or passionate, instead concerned and sadness filled my voice.

"I am sorry I have been away," he said moving closer and placing his hands on either side of my face, I reached my hands up to overlap with his, "I missed you so incredibly much." Genuine sincerity could be heard in his tone as my eyes darted back and forth between him, stunned by his softness. He brought my forehead to his lips and planted a soft kiss on my hairline before returning his gaze to mine.

"I'm sure you will make it up to me, yes?" I teased, letting a smile spread across my face.

His smile returned, bright and beautiful as dimples tugged at his cheeks and his eyes squinted with happiness. He brought his ear down to mine, letting his fingers graze over my neck, tauntingly, "You have no idea the ways in which I've dreamt making it up to you."

The sultriness in his voice was addicting as my body moved a bit closer into his, nearly melting me on the spot, he moved his face further from mine, "But for now let us eat dinner." His teasing was delicious.

His hands and body dropped and moved away from mine, as he instructed the chair from the far corner of the table to be moved directly next to me, along with his plate full of food.