The Vampire's Bride-1

Chapter 1:

"I'm sorry love, I really am, but it was her last wish and I hope that you'd at least give it a try," my father said to me, worry evident in his voice.

"Please papa! There has to be another way..." I pleaded, sitting on a chair beside the hospital bed. His hands trembled in mine and it wasn't due to old age. My father was dying.

"There would have been...if Sheena was..." his eyes watered as he spoke her name, and my heart broke all over again. He loved her. Even now. And I know that part of the reason why his condition kept getting worse, even after the best treatment in the world, was because he'd given up on life the day my mother's heart stopped beating. And the only thing holding him here, right now, was me.

"But...but...I don't want to get married papa! Not yet! I'm only 22." I tried to keep my voice pleading. But even I could hear the panic seeping in.

"I'm so sorry my darling, I don't want to see you married so early either, but I don't have much time left...and I have to know that you'll be well taken care of," my dad said sadly, "That you'll be safe."

"But Papa they're va-"

"Ms. Deluca, visiting hours are over," the nurse cut me off as she strode into the cabin, at that instant, saline bottle and more medicines in hand. "He's been better this past week so try and visit as much as possible, but he does need to rest now." She smiled.

"Yes, of course. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight papa." I gave him my best smile even as tears pooled into eyes and a kiss to his forehead before I turned to leave.

"Goodnight love, be safe."

I walked out of his cabin, saying goodbye to people I knew and occasionally waving at little children who tottered around me as they made their way to the playroom in the children's ward. I already knew some of them, since my father's cabin was right next to the nursery, but today, I couldn't even manage a smile. The instant I walked out into the parking lot, the heavy rain hit me like a bullet, drenching me from head to toe.

Good, I thought, at least it would hide my tears. It'll keep people from knowing the demons that haunt me. From the secrets I can never tell, even if it kills me.

I stood alone in the parking lot, next to my car, the rain a merciless tattoo against my skin. And the only thing I wished with all my heart, was to erase a night, four years ago, that had changed my life forever.

******************************

So it's been a long while since I did anything to this story and I thought it's high time I start editing this. It's one of my firsts on Wattpad and with Virgin Erotica at 3.5M (thank you all the lovely readers who gave me my first million and taking me one step further to fulfilling my dreams. Bless you all), I thought lets try my best to get this story the kick it deserves to get going on the right track.

So I hope you liked this chapter. Please like and vote and comment and follow. And Enjoy!

Lovage!!♡♡♡♡♥♥♡♡♡♡

P.S: For those who haven't properly noticed the title of the book, this is a published book, a published sample. The entire book is available on Amazon, just type Anna Kendra on Amazon and this book along with my other books will pop up. Remember that since this is a published sample, the entire book isn't here because of copyright issues. I've posted as much as my publishers have allowed me to post but the rest you'll have to buy to read. This is marked completed on Wattpad because the book is actually completed, just not on Wattpad. Remeber, you've been warned.