The Vampire's Bride -4

N.B: A lot of you guys might get confused by the comments because a lot of people will call Erick as Alex Pettifer or Liam, but you'll be seeing him as ...Okay I forgot his name. Do not worry, I changed the main character because he looks a lot like Erick.

Chapter 4:

Alina’s P.O.V:

I took my sweet time in the shower, trying my best to keep calm and hoping against hope that Erick would be gone before I was done. But when has fate ever been by my side? If I was lucky enough, he’d leave me alone and just loiter around the house, but knowing him, he’d try to intrude into my life, get every tiny detail he can and use it against me when the consequences demanded.

I finally turned off the water when it turned ice-cold and my hands started to prune. I knew I was avoiding the inevitable, but a girl’s gotta try. Wrapping a towel around me, I quickly dried my hair and got dressed in blue denims and a loose fitting green shirt. Letting my hair down to dry naturally, I walked out of the bathroom...and straight into a warm, muscular wall.

“What’re you doing here?” I asked sharply, pushing away instantly.

“You were taking too long, I-“

“So I can’t even take a shower peacefully?” I snapped.

“-I was worried about you.” He finished his sentence. “So I came to check up.”

Funny thing was, he made it sound believable. And I wanted to believe him. I wanted to believe that the guy who had hurt me suddenly, actually, worries about me. Just like a lion worries about its prey before devouring it whole.

Holding on to that thought, I pushed past him and walked out into the living room, hoping that he’d follow rather than stay back and invade my privacy even further. “Don't bother. It’s not like I’m going to die on you.”

It felt right to snap back at him, to retaliate, even if it was in tiny portions, but deep down, there was a part of me that was disappointed at my behaviour. I’m not the kind of person who goes around snarling at people, no matter what the reason. I just wasn’t built that way. This is exactly why I found myself in the kitchen, measuring two cups of water to pour into a coffee pot and breaking four eggs into a bowl instead than two, to make an omelette.

Call it guilt if you may, but I’d rather call it being a good host.

Erick’s P.OV:

It was most definitely guilt. Alina was feeling guilty for snapping at me.
And no matter how much I wanted to make things okay between us, this wasn’t something I could just come in and say, “Hey, Alina. Sorry I fucked up four years ago. Let’s just forget about the past and move one, shall we? Friends?” Hell no! That’d sound even more bastardly than the act I’d committed. Funny thing was, I never explained my actions to anyone, the vampire prince didn’t need to, but somehow I found myself wishing I could explain every tiny detail to her.

She looked up at me sharply at that instant, as if she could read my mind and a little agitated to see me sitting comfortably in the same place I’d been sitting earlier when she went for her shower. Something told me, she usually wasn't this late, she must have done it on purpose to get rid of me, but I was determined not to let her out of my sight today. I simply wanted to spend a day with her. I had missed her terribly these past 4 years, no matter how hard people find it to believe. Something told me that if I had seen her again I would want her again too... and not just for her dangerously addictive blood. That was something that I couldn't let happen, especially after what I did and what she was going through. Alina was a drug to me, a very dangerous one.