The Vampire's Bride -6

Chapter6:

Alina'sP.O.V:

I woke up to my phone ringing. Groaning, I reached over to my bedside table and picked up my cell. The clock read 3.15 in the afternoon.

"Hello?" I answered groggily, without looking at the screen.

"Hello sweets! I'll be there to pick you up in two hour. You okay with that?"

Shit! Ryan!

I had completely forgotten that I had to attend a business dinner with him. I had gone to visit my father at the hospital this morning and he seemed to have gotten even worse than before so I had come back home and cried myself to sleep. I haven't been eating anything since yesterday either, surviving only on coffee.

"Yes!" I answered, remembering Ryan was still on the phone. "That's fine by me. Thanks for giving me a heads up Ryan, I had completely forgotten!" No need to hide the truth or feel ashamed. Ryan understood my situation.

"I thought it might happen, that's why I called. Are you okay? You sound tired. You don't have to come if you don't want to sweets, just tell me," Ryan said, sounding genuinely concerned.

"No, it's ok. I'll go. Staying at home will only get me even more depressed" I said.

"If you say so...I'll see you in a bit." Ryan said and hung up.

I sighed and sat up in bed only to immediately fall back again. My vision had blanked for a few seconds and I could feel a headache coming.

Groaning, I got up once again, this time much slower. I really need to eat but I don't seem to have an appetite. I had tried to eat something last night only to throw everything back out. I don't know what's wrong with me. Oh wait, I did know what happened to me, Erick Stayton.

With some difficulty I finally got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom to have a long hot shower.

But as I wrapped a towel around myself and stood in front of the bathroom mirror, I couldn't help but wince at the image. No, it wasn't because I was hideous or still bore scars; they had faded a long time ago. But because I had bags under my eyes, big black ones that won't go away even after tons of sleep and then there was the puffiness from all the crying. My face seemed to reflect my inner conflict at having Erick back in my life again. It made me feel agitated that Erick hadn't once visited me in the past four years. It made me miss him when all I wanted to do was hate him every waking instant of my life. My mind was a mess and with my father's worsening condition...I was having trouble holding myself together when everything around me was falling apart.

After my shower I felt a lot more relaxed and my eyes weren't as puffy as before. I looked at the clock and saw that I had just a bit more than an hour to get ready. I walked to my closet and looked through my dresses. Since it was a formal dinner, I had to wear a dress, strict rules. Green was my favourite colour so most of my clothes were in green, but for tonight I chose a simple sleeveless blue dress. I chose to wear sapphire ear rings in the shape of teardrops and silver heels, not too high though. I could never stand high heels. They make my feet hurt like hell, so why endure such torture?

Next I decided to curl my hair in loose ringlets to give myself an elegant touch so I took out my iron and began curling. It took a while so by the time my hair was in loose curls hanging down my back, I had only 15 minutes left till Ryan arrived. So I quickly applied some light pink lipstick and some eyeliner. I also put some concealer under my eyes to get rid of the dark circles temporarily. To finish off I wore a silver band watch and some lavender perfume.

I grabbed a silver clutch and took some money and my card and of course my cell phone in it. I went to my kitchen and grabbed a cup, pouring some water and instant coffee and put it in the microwave to heat up. I didn't have an appetite so trying to eat anything at this point would mean throwing up everything and I really didn't feel up to it right now.