The Vampire's Bride -3

Chapter 3:

Erick's P.O.V:

I stared at the closed door to Alina's bedroom in amazement. But the most amazing fact was how much she has changed over the last 4 years.

Four years ago, she was this shy little girl who was too afraid to speak her mind and always hid from me and my friends. It's true that we bullied her, but it was mostly because of my pride. At that time, I wasn’t ready to believe that my future was already pre-destined and I wouldn’t have a say in it. And then there was a fact that I was the Vampire Prince and she was a mere mortal, a fact my friends made sure I’d never forget. In fact, I was surprised that my parents were so excited about this wedding. They’re the ones who’d always taught me that ‘humans were diluters’. Having children with them will dilute our bloodline, something which was crucial for our survival since our bloodline was already getting diluted with intermarriages. But on the other hand, my mother had always praised Sheena, Alina’s mother, although she’s the biggest example of dilution in history.

Maybe it was the fact that my parents wanted to gain back the trust of those vampires who’d chosen to live in peace with the humans. A majority of our race were now supporting intermarriages without the fear of dilution and my parents were hardcore politicians. No one could uproot them from their position, but it’s always better to live a revolt free life.

I looked at the closed door once again and decided to give her some time. I could easily break down the door but that’d accomplish nothing and ruin everything before it’s had a chance of forming. Sighing, I took a seat on a couch facing the glass wall, admiring its beauty while making a few important calls. Behind it, Churchill spread out in all its glory. The Eskimo Museum wasn’t all that far from here. She’s found a nice location.

Working didn’t help though. This close to Alina, my memories kept going back to a night that should’ve never happened. My greatest moment of weakness. I still remember what had happened that day like it was yesterday. My friends had a great part in it too. They’d helped drug me with a poison that can only affected vampires, which had acted as a decoy until I got close to her and the compulsion set in.

By the time I came to my senses, fighting tooth and nail to wear off the compulsion, it was too late. She was ruined pretty badly. I'd been too rough, had left bruises. I was disgusted at myself and couldn't even look at her. I couldn't face her ever since. That’s why I hadn't once visited her in all these years. What was I to say? 'I'm sorry I ruined you life?’ No. Words weren't enough for what I’d done to her. But it had taken me a while to understand that the thought of her with someone else, the lie that my friend, Nile, had fed me to get me close to Alina, had infuriated me to great lengths.

Yes I was jealous. But I wasn't in love. I always thought of her as mine, my partner and mine. And I'll make sure no one can have her. She was, still is and always will be mine. To do as I please, when and where I want. Only mine.

##########################################

I hope you guys liked this chapter. Please like and vote and comment and follow. And Enjoy!

LOVAGE!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥