Bed

You assumed it was him being clingy and you simply continued to wipe the table.

Suddenly he pulled you close, with force, holding you tightly, as if holding on to someone precious. He wasn't a man of many words, but he clearly loved you..

Your back arched as you raised your eyebrow.
"Bed..." Brahms whimpered as you felt his warm breath against your ear.

You hadn't realised how late it gotten..
He slowly walked you over to the bed, he was strong,
a lot stronger than the average person.
He pulled the blanket over you, then laid beside you, his body next to yours.
He smiled, still wearing his mask like he always did.

He seemed like a normal, caring person, but there was something wrong with him.
Yet some part of you believed his intentions were good, even if his appearance was disturbing. he cared about you.. a lot..

You sat up in the bed slightly uncomfortable and looked over to the masked figure beside you.

Your initial concern of his appearance quickly disappeared as you took notice of his gentle demeanor, his actions, his words and his eyes but most importantly, his gentle stare.

He looked at you as if you were his entire world.
Gently letting his star filled eyes drift around your hair, eyes and lips as he didn't move an inch under the covers.

You couldn't help but feel safe within the masked creature's embrace, your body pressing up against him. For someone who looks like he hasn't seen a soul for years, he's gentle and caring, when you'd expect someone like him to be cold and unfeeling.

A guilt fills your head as you imagine somewhere in his heart he'd still be the same kid that went through that fire. Never to be touched again, it all made sense in fact. When you gave him a bath he made gentle noises as if it was his first time feeling something so gentle.

He didn't move and simply watched you. A moment passed then his hand softly extended from the covers, gently taking yours within its grasp. His hand felt strong and warm, yet gentle at the same time. He didn't speak and just held your hand, staring deeply into your eyes through the mask.

"Y/N...please..don't..go.."
He barely spoke, it being a slight cracked whisper as he stared up at you.
There was an uncertain feeling in your heart.

You didn't think that It'd last forever.
There was no way you could say that to him.
You needed to remember that he was a monster
That he was unstable.

"For sure." You spoke gently, yet you could sense the uncertainty in his eyes.
Without a word more you gently stroked his head.

"Come on Brahmsy.. it's getting late"

"wait.."

You ignored his words and repeated what you said, not waiting a moment more and turning off the night lamp beside you as you turned flipped angle. Facing your back towards him.
Shutting your eyes and begging to fall asleep as fast as you could.

You could feel Brahms stare, as if he was trying to drill holes into you.
Suddenly you felt a slight stroke of his finger across your back, nearly enough to make you arch.

You shut your eyes in fear..yet..there was no moment. You sat in awkward silence..
It didn't take long before you heard Brahms falling asleep as well..

With assurance in your heart you had closed your eyes, waiting for the next day.