chapter 1

Doma POV

The flashing lights from the cameras midly blinded me but I manage to keep a straight face.

Standing on that podium giving me an overwhelming confidence I never thought I could muster.

Soonafter a light skinned woman stretched her huge microphone towards me asking

"Doma what are you planning for the revolution?"

"You just have to wait and see"

Then another woman came with another question.

"Are the european willing to comply with this new order, doma"

But before i could  answer another asked again.

"Won't you be taking revenge rather than seeking a treaty?"

The noise was loud but there was this distant voice calling"doma" that I couldn't lay of.

I scans the area but i couldn't find the person.

I closed my eyes opening them again slowly and weary.

It was all a dream. The cameras, reporters, the confidence now it was just my papa with my elder brother christian and dera my twin sister.

Papa was still dragging me gently trying to wake me up. I sat up on the bed with their prying eyes watching my every move instantly.

Once they ensured I was awake christian said

"Doma..papa wants to talk to us". Ijust simply nodded but worry crept all over me.

Papa doesn't call us together occasionally. What could possibly be wrong now that i was close to my holiday after school today?

With my train of thoughts raiding my heads i trail behind them to papa room.

Shortly papa sat on the edge of their medium size bed across mama while me christian and dera sat on the plastic chairs spaced in the room.

"I don't know what may occur later but I have tried to tell the king to stop the trade with the europeans....you see recently they lost their monarch and the new one came to the palace some days ago....he was nothing of trustworthiness...treated our king with such disrepect and arrogance and now they demand for the sales of our people.....for their plantation across the altanic ocean..as the arms general I oppose the demand but we have lived in fear of them, dependent om them so we can't fight on our own"

He took a short pause staring distant. Papa always spoke with wisdom and passion that it was almost hard if not immpossible to obey his every word.

"Soon after with all their tech and high technology machines they raid our homes and villages taking our people......the world is cruel my children...." he spoke but this time taking his time to look at us one after the other but for some reason his eyes lingered on me more.

It intimidated me.

He stood up and went to his bedside drawer bringing out sliver pendant that shone that night against the moon. Soonafter he went to each of us giving up one pendant each.once i got my own it had our family crest on it

Our family name is kings for generations to come we have been close to the royal family

"this pendants are the symbol of our family, you are expected to give it to the one you hold dearest to your heart and that's tradition" papa said looikg over to mama and I could see the one flickering in their eyes.

"Do not fear....our king will protect us at all cause....that's his duty after all" he said droping the serious expression with a sweet smile.

But I wonder if it was fake. The smile or the assurance he was giving us. The safety of his words seem fragile and vague as if losing the papa's touch.

"Now get ready for school doma and dera" mama said adjusting the loose wrapper on her waist.

Looking through the window the sun was rising . Igrowl at this. Arghhhh!!! Why school now?

I wore the pendant round my neck holding onto it a little longer, pondering  on what papa said.

With the european, the slave trade, plantations, altanic ocean? Hmmm...I guess there's more to what to eyes expects.......

Heyyy guys hope u like dark ecstasy sorry the chapter is short tho.....i'm also writing cold embrace and its quite hard to balance the two at the same time but i'll manage...please comment i'm open to critism...but please be gently...love you all...stay tune😘😘.....jee-nii-bee

jee-nii-bee