Chapter 3

Doma POV

As soon as school was over I could already hear the shouts and screams of joy from everyone about the holiday let's just be true to ourselves. This school year has been a whole lot more than hectic. I turned my back to face Adele but she wasn't there. I was confused but school was just over. Why did she leave so soon? Soon after Farris walked up to me

"Yo man what's up why looking so puzzled like you saw a witch or something?" he asked.

"oh, nothing... But like did you see Adele walk past?" I asked.

"Yeah, she was in a haste to get out of school I guess," he asked when suddenly he was gazing at something else and when I followed his eyesight. He was gazing at Adaora. I gave a very noticeable eye roll but he wasn't fazed at all.

"so like I'm gonna meet see you soon," I said and he just nodded his head walking away from me to Adaora. Picking up my ash bag I started my journey to Adele's house but I wanted to seeAunt Natalie.

After all the push and pull around the market, I finally reach her boutique. She was selecting some new batch of clothes and as I shouted "Aunty!" she raised her eyes to see me and she gave me a warm smile saying "Doma!". I walked to her entering into her embrace. Once we departed she looked at me skeptically.

"why looking at me that way?......should I leave?" I asked in a playful tone.

"no don't but you don't often see me ,that's it" she said playfully pained but I don't really know whether it affected her.

"we shouldn't dwell in the past aunty" I said trying to quit the awkard moment. She just gave a eye roll and went bck to what she was doing.

"so tell me what's up?" she asked as we sat down on the brown polished wooden stools at the entrance of the boutique.

"nothing really"

"what about adele?"

"oh we're good...." I said but I didn't really try to hide the worry that still gripped me.

"what's up doma?" she asked but this time looking at my eyes and I couldn't lie to her.

"okay.....adele acted weird in school today when I told her we are spenting the holiday today at school and when I told her we will talk after school she vanished as if......as if.." I said trying to find the right words but then aunt Natalie said it all out. "as if she's avoiding you"

"yeah" I answered shallow.

"hmm..maybe she wants to break up with you" aunty Natalie said casually.

"why?"I blurted out.