Chapter 1

"Captain! I think we found her!"

The sounds of multiple footsteps running at a sprint could be heard through the dark, empty corridor. The echo of their footsteps only increased the closer they got to the room.

"You're sure?"

"Her description matches. She's not awake, though, so I can't get confirmation."

Giving him a nod, Tenzo moved quickly in the room past him. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. The room was what he imagined it might be. The stereotypical medical procedures room. Different types of equipment with a function unknown to him, a metal cart that held dozens of elixirs and medicines, a light that hung from the ceiling above the metal examination table. . . that held the woman in question.

He took a breath to calm himself, running his sweaty palms on his pant legs before he finally gained the strength to take the few feet towards her.

It was her.

There was no doubt about it. He could never forget her face. It was hard to see his friend in this state, but she at least looked peaceful as she lay in her sleep state. He brushed the loose bits of her chestnut brown hair out of her face and sighed in relief.

It really was her.

His breathing hitched when he noticed that she was laying on the cold, metal table completely naked and scolded himself for not noticing sooner. He quickly unclipped the cloak from around his shoulders and draped it over her body.

"Captain?" He heard from behind him.

He carefully scooped her in his arms, careful to keep her body hidden from the world, and headed toward the door.

"We're going back to Konoha." He said as he walked past his comrade.

"Yes, sir."

As he walked down the corridor, the rest of the team parted the way for him and fell in behind him.

"Someone send notice to the Hokage of our return. And someone send word to Kakashi Hatake." He said sternly.

"Hai!"

~*~

Beep Beep Beep

'What the hell is that obnoxious beeping?'

My head felt like a pike was splitting it down the middle. Every breath I took in caused a pulsing sensation in my brain that sent a sharp wave of pain with every pulse. My eyelids were heavy, almost like they were cemented shut together. But I had to open my eyes. I needed to make this beeping stop. And maybe get something for my head.

Forcing my eyes to open, I hazily looked around the room to see a blur of blue moving around me.

'Where am I?'

Nothing looked familiar. Granted, my vision hadn't completely returned yet. But with each blink, I could feel my eyes slowly adjusting to what I realized was the extremally bright, white room. The blurs of blue turned out to be nurses that, looking at their faces now, were frantically working around me. I had no idea what they were saying. The only thing I could hear was the obnoxious beeping coming from behind me. I squeezed my eyes together as I grew more agitated with the sound, only to instantly regret it as the sensation hurt my head more than my breathing.

Opening my eyes, I weakly moved my head around in a desperate attempt to get someone's, anyone's attention. I just wanted the beeping the stop.

'Please, make it stop.'