Chapter Six

"Emi! Damn it! Emi, where are you?!"

"Kakashi, are you even sure -"

"She has to be, Rin. I'm not losing both of them in one day. . . . Emi!"

I squeezed my eyes shut at the agonizing pain in my head before slowly fluttering them open. It was pitch black where ever it was, but quickly remembered I was still in the cave and the reason it was so dark was because I was buried under who knows how many pounds of rock and earth. I lifted my hand up to the wetness running down my face, and as my vision adjusted to the darkness, I could just barely make out the dark liquid on my fingertips.

Blood.

"God, this had got to be the worst way to die." I said out loud to myself but instantly regretted it. The sharp pain in my chest told me there was a broken rib or two, and I was thrown into a fit of coughing because of it.

"Emi!"

I shifted my head toward the voice that I instantly recognized as Kakashi's. But from the sound of it, it was coming from above me.

"Emiko!"

"Kakashi." I shouted as loud as I could. Though realistically, I doubt he would have been able to hear me.

"Emi?! Emi, if you can hear me call out again!" He shouted.

"Kakashi, I don't think -"

"I heard her, Rin! Just be quiet for a moment."

"Kakashi!" I shouted out a little louder than before. Just doing that alone hurt like like hell, but I would keep shouting as loud as I could if it meant that I didn't die in here.

From the waist down, I couldn't see. Not only because I couldn't get up because of the pain from the broken ribs, but because there was a literal rock blocking my lower body. Judging by the pain, though, one of my legs was definitely broken, and more than likely, so was my hip.

There was a sudden shift in the rocks above me. I used my arms to protect my face and head as the smaller rocks and dirt started to fall on top of me.

"Emi! Call out again!" His voice was much closer now, making the urgency in his voice clear as day.

"I'm here!" I shouted through a fit of coughs from the unsettled dust around me.

One of the bigger boulders from above me shifted, making the ones around it shift as well. But before I could even brace myself, they were suspended above me and thrown to the side. Through the small opening, Kakashi and Rin poked their head through, letting out a small sigh in relief.

My eyes widened in fear when I saw the two of them suddenly disappear and a panic filled in my chest.

"Kashi?!" I shouted out. The ground beneath me cracked, causing the rocks around me to shift. As the small rocks and unsettle dust started falling, I quickly covered my face with my arms. I let out a frustrated growl as a few tears rolled down my cheeks.

Scared.

I was so unbelievably scared right now. No matter how hard I tried to calm my breathing or my mind, I was regretfully reminded of my position by the throbbing ache in my chest and the unbelievable pain the lower half of my body.

"I'm here, Emi."

Moving my arms from my face, I leaned my head back as far as I could and saw Kakashi carefully climbing down the rocks toward me. I choked out a sob as he kneeled down next to me and pressed his forehead against mine.

"Relax, Emi." He said gently as he picked one of my hands up and pressed it against his chest. "Try to follow my breathing." He instructed as he took a deep inhale through his nose and an exhale out his mouth. "You're still connected to the rocks. If you don't relax, you're going to trap both of us." He said gently as he brushed the hair out of my face, paying close attention to the open wound on my forehead.