Kabanata 30

Please be vigilant of sudden switches in point of view from first person to third person and back to first person.

Kabanata 30

Reunite

"Sigurado ka ba sa desisyon mo, Alejandro?" Deime asked me a question.

I took a deep breath and nodded.

"The number of reporters outside your company keeps increasing. Are you really sure about what you're going to do?" He added.

"You will tarnish your reputation with all the investors who rely on your company if you go out and face them," Wenchi stood up and leaned against the door.

We are currently inside, and in a moment, I will go out to face the gathering reporters outside the company.

"Reputation?" I froze before continuing to talk. I crossed my arms.

"Wala akong pakialam kung madumihan man ang pangalan ko ngayon at aminin sa publiko at ipalabas na nagloko ako sa asawa ko. I don't care about my reputation. Dedepensahan ko ang pangalan ni Yureev sa publiko kahit na ikakasira ito nang pangalan ko." I firmly responded to them. Wala akong pakialam kahit madumihan pa ang pangalan ko.

Ipinikit ko ang mga mata nang maalala ko ang pangbababoy ni Arniellee sa akin. Tinanggap ako ni Yureev, tinanggap ako ng asawa ko even though I knew deep down... napakadumi ko ng lalaki.

"So many rumors are flying around about her." aniya Krym.

"Yureev deserves to be recognized in public not as a murderer, but a decent woman." I calmly uttered.

"Minsan nang naging mapait ang buhay niya sa kamay ni Liustheo. Ayokong pati sa labas nang madilim niyang karanasan ay marumi din ang tingin sa kanya dahil lang sa nagawa niyang pagpatay sa babaeng iyon." I fixed my coat at inihanda ang sariling bumaba at harapin ang media.

"Lilinisin ko ang pangalan niya kahit nakasalalay na marumihan ang pangalan ko." I walked towards the door of my office, Wenchi stepped aside and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You really love her so much that you'd sacrifice everything?" he asked.

Without a second's hesitation, I responded sharply. "Yes."

"Suit yourself, Alejandro. You have us." Krym approached and glanced at the two seated on the couch. "We're right behind you." Vlusk and Deime stood up and walked towards where we were standing.

They tapped my back, showing their support and respected my decision.

I stepped out of my office building, I was surrounded by a throng of reporters and photographers. Flashbulbs popped as microphones were thrust in my face.

"Mr. Mc Chiavellan, is it true that your wife is being charged with homicide?" a reporter shouted.

I stopped in his tracks and faced the reporters. "Yes, it's true," I said calmly. "But she's being wrongly accused."

Another reporter chimed in, "But we heard that the victim was your mistress. Is that true?"

I took a deep breath and looked down at my feet for a moment before raising my head and meeting the reporter's gaze. "Yes, it's true that I had a mistress," I said.

The reporters continued to barrage me with questions, I stood my ground. I defended my wife's character and spoke out against the unfair treatment she was receiving from the media.

"We lost our first baby which was also caused by Arniellee. My wife suffered a lot and.... and I admit I cheated."

They keep on bombarding me with questions about the alleged affair with Arniellee.