Kabanata 65

Please be vigilant of sudden switches in point of view from first person to third person and back to first person.

Kabanata 65

Since Yureev woke up, it was Syllvester who feeds her everyday. When she woke up, Yureev couldn't speak right away. The doctor explained to them that it's normal when you've been shot. Yureev is very lucky because she survived two bullets that hit her body.

Paunti-unti na ring naghilom ang sugat ni Syllvester sa likod niya. Itinago niya ng mabuti ang benda sa katawan niya para hindi ito mahalata. He didn't say it to Yureev right away because he didn't want her to think anything negative about the Ishioka family.

"Ahh.." I opened my mouth and brought the spoon filled with food closer to her mouth.

Yureev is allowed to eat, but she can only have rice porridge for now dahil hindi pa kaya ng katawan niya na tumanggap ng solid na pagkain.

Tumingin naman siya sa akin at bahagyang pumilig ang ulo.

"Ano 'yun, langga?" I asked her.

She just blinked her eyes. I smiled in response.

"Another one?" pagsusumamo ko sa kaniyang kumain.

She slowly opened her mouth, and I gently fed her the rice porridge.

I placed the bowl with porridge. I looked at her and raised my hand to caress her hair.

"How are you, sweetheart?"

"May masakit ba sayo?" I gently asked her, taking a moment to sit beside her in the hospital room.

There's a possibility that her disability might be permanent, and I won't deny that it's a tough road ahead. But the doctor also emphasized that there's still a chance for improvement. With consistent rehabilitation and physical therapy.

It's been a week simula nang magising siya at hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin nakikita at nakakausap ang mga anak namin.

"N-no..." mahina ang boses niya at halos bulong ko nalang kung marinig.

I gazed at her and softly asked. "One more?" as I gently caressed her cheek.

She didn't respond with words, but her gaze remained fixed on me. A furrow formed on my forehead, but I couldn't help but break into a faint smile—appreciating the unspoken connection we shared in this moment.

"Am I ugly now, langga?" I playfully asked her.

Her eyebrows knit together, and she pursed her lips for a moment. Eventually, she shook her head.

"Gwapo," she replied, and a radiant smile lit up her face.

"Talaga?" I teased her. "Kiss mo nga ako,"

I brought my cheek close to her and said, "Give me a kiss right here if I'm still handsome," pointing to my cheek and waiting for her to plant a kiss on it.

Ilang segundo pa ang lumipas at nakaramdam ako ng malambot na labi na dumampi sa pisngi ko.

Napangiti ako at lumingon sa kaniya.

"At sobrang ganda mo pa rin, Yureev." I said as I leaned in and gently kissed her forehead.

I then sat back down and picked up the bowl. "One more," inangat ko ang kutsara.

Tumango-tango siya and I once again gently fed her the rice porridge.

"Do you want me to sing for you, langga?" hinaplos ko ang buhok niya at palipat-lipat na tiningnan siya sa mata.