Ship: Aleheather
Takes place: All-stars Episode 3: 'Saving Private Leechball' (After Elimination Ceremony)

Moonlight skimmed the hazy green pane of the window, making it an effort to peer in. It didn't occur or matter to Heather that she might be seen as a creep - her reputation was already tarnished beyond repair. She had lost the million, and most importantly, she had lost the only person who she had truly connected with in her life.

Sure, he was still there. He was on this godforsaken island. He was still Alejandro. He schemed the same. He still had his absurd amount of talents. He still used that mesmerising gaze of his. But Heather noticed something was... off. She had tried to talk to Courtney about it, but it didn't seem she noticed anything odd with Alejandro's behaviour. No one did. Despite what anyone tried to tell her, he just wasn't her Alejandro.

But was he truly hers?

Perhaps they were meant to be perpendicular. To meet at one point and never again. Perhaps he was to hand her an epiphany, and they weren't meant to have anything substantial. It hadn't been lost on her how she was perceived as nicer after World Tour. Perhaps the whole thing was orchestrated by Chris and the producers. That was one of the most reasonable options, to the dismay of Heather. She had noticed the show had tended to place the 'it' couple of the season in the intro sequence. And the only relationship still lasting out of the 4 seasons was Mike and Zoey's. (But no one cared about those newbies.) Perhaps he was just a mirage. Maybe he wasn't all he seemed anyway. He definitely didn't feel real. It was like he was on another plane of the universe - intangible. His anatomy transcended any idea of what Heather thought was the epitome of 'perfect'. And he was an intellectual. Heather had overheard the many conversations Alejandro and Noah shared, about the likes of the latest scientific theories or Camus or some other things Heather would never be able to comprehend anyway. It was the first time she'd heard Noah be so open. Another thing about him was his way with words.

Of course Heather didn't understand what Alejandro meant by perpendicular. The only thing she knew about the term was that it was mentioned in her Geometry class, and she didn't want anything to do with it. She had overheard him guy-talking with Harold about Leshawna, and about honour and love and that she wants a strong man. Looking back on it, Leshawna probably just didn't know how to let Harold down. Then Alejandro started talking in some motivational speaker voice and likened Harold and Leshawna's relationship to something Harold could digest. And a nerd like Harold's fibre was Geometry. She briefly recalled him saying that they had their spark, and the embers fizzled out as the competition grew more intense with the opening of the second season. Then he went on to reassure Harold that they can rekindle again, yadayadaya. Heather found the conversation quite tedious, and she retreated to 1st class.

Propped up against the wall of the loser cabin, reiterations of the overheard conversation played in her head. They can rekindle again. They, being Alejandro and her, of course. (She couldn't care less about the romantic endeavours of former acquaintances.) Sure, lack of attraction is a whole ballpark under betraying someone, but who could do it other than Heather? She had so-called 'stole his heart' before, she'd be able to do it again. Hopefully.

Creak. That door totally needed oiling. "You're not being inconspic- inconspic- whatever stop spying on us." Scott leered from the door, leaned against the rickety frame as he took in Heather.

"Spying on you?" The scowl to Heather's voice deepened. Spittle escaped Scott's mouth to the likes of Beth before she got those rusty braces taken from her mouth. "Ugh- As if." Her primed brows wove together, vein in her jaw popping at the accusation, which was truthful but that didn't matter. Scott was a fusion of all the most disgusting people on Total Drama. He looked like a relative of Ezekiel, for starters. Crafty like Duncan. Produced more saliva than Beth with her rubber bands. And had the same colour hair as Jo. "Am I not allowed to stand outside my cabin?"