Gen 1 as if they were in Heathers 1988

TW FOR MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Veronica is Gwen. It literally fits so well. Both rebel against the social hierarchy in their respective universes. Veronica and Gwen are shown to be morally grey as well. They share a feeling of being out of place, and the world doesn't understand them. (Gwen definitely has a crush on Winona Ryder 🥰)

Heather Chandler = Heather (This is obvious) Both Heathers are the queen bees. Both are hated (openly/secretly) yet are desired, whether they want to fuck them or be them. Witty, socially intelligent. I think TD Heather is canonically rich like Heather C. Both didn't go to prom (Either didn't get a date or chugged drain cleaner)

Heather Duke and Courtney are quite similar. Courtney has proven to be nasty at times, but she is a good person at heart. I headcannon her as a victim of relentless bullying when she was younger so she became mean to protect herself, which is like Heather D. She definitely wouldn't outshine Heather until Heather died and got a little push from JD. (Can we talk about how the musical made Heather D into a one dimensional monster? Like she was nasty in the movie but at least she had depth!?)

Heather Macnamara = Lindsay. I hate how this falls into the 'Heather Mac is a wittle cinnamon roll!!' idea, but Lindsay is the only one who aligns with Mac the best tbf. Both are rich, skinny and pretty girls. There's nothing really more I can add to this tbf.

JD. I have 3 ideas for who could be JD so I'm going to rank them in order of least likely to most likely.

Trent: Has the obsessive qualities of JD. Both are irrational. Nothing much other than this.

Duncan: Bro literally blew up Chris' mansion, so they both have experience with bombs. Duncan can be manipulative in his own way, but he's not sociopathic, but a rebel. He also managed to get a hot girl while being a loser who gave the impression of being cool, which is a lot like JD. JD and Duncan both have very sexy voices too.

Alejandro: He's definitely the best fit for JD in my opinion. Alejandro and JD are shown to be very manipulative, tailoring their manipulation to the person. They are both willing to hurt people. JD = Killing 3 people, sexually assaulting Veronica TWICE, and planning to bomb a whole school ;-; Alejandro = I don't think he actually physically harmed anyone while on the show, but asked Owen if he had any serious allergies or something ;-;. Heather Duke wouldn't have been as bad if it weren't for JD blackmailing her and being like 'this school needs a strong leader!!' and Alejandro played Courtney after she was cheated on. Both have a pierced ear! Anddddd Alejandro and JD are both fucking nerds. *Recreates a dinosaur from memory!* *Erm I have a degree in engineering!!* *Ich Luge bullets :3* *The only place different social types can truly get along is in heaven!!* (JD was such a pseudo-intellectual)

Martha Dunnstock. Appearance-wise, I'd have to go for Beth. I guess her entire season 2 arc is similar to the end scene of Veronica giving Martha a voice, but Ezekiel is hated for no reason, and when he turns in a LITERAL MUTANT, no one gives a fuck. Which is similar to when Martha tries to commit suicide, she got laughed at even more.

Kurt and Ram is literally Geoff and Duncan. Geoff talks like a jock, and he even admitted Heather was the hottest girl on the show IN FRONT OF HIS GIRLFRIEND!! Duncan was promiscuous and in typical fashion, got off scott free for the cheating scandal, while Gwen was antagonised. This parallels when Kurt and Ram make up that lie about having a 'swordfight' in Veronica's mouth, and slut shame her.

Miss Fleming is totally Blainelely (however you spell it). Both would do anything for a quick taste of fame. I know Miss Fleming had some good intent, but Blaineley fits her the most.

Betty Finn is Bridgette. She's sweet and got wasted by the show, like how Betty Finn was abandoned by Veronica.

The two nerds at the funeral are Harold and Cody 🥰

So uh tell me what you think of these headcanons and if you agree/disagree pls!

(I am writing another one shot it's duncney but I'm so lazy I'm averaging 2 sentences a week. It is almost at the end though.)