Chapter 3: The Art of Murder.

(Short chapter. (⁠・⁠_⁠・⁠;⁠)

DAWN

   I tried to form a thought throughout the whole lesson. Yet my breath falters as the voices around the room pales. I sucked in a breath and flickered my eyes on the small plants crowding the greenhouse. Lightning danced beyond the dome, as the rough winds struck down trees splicing through leaves, as rivulets of rain showers down the dome. My thoughts danced through the rain, completely ignoring the figure standing beside me.

"I'd listen more if I were you." There was no shock in his face. As if he had already saw me coming from a mile away. 
"Drew." I greeted, hiding my surprise. 
"Dawn."

I might as well have handed him a dagger. My name rolling through those sinful freaking tongue would be the death of me. I have been warned to stay away from him. From them. Yet I always get pulled. An invisible string latching them on my waist, dragging them by my tail wherever I went. It was already hell avoiding Icarus, and now this. The thoughts of my first impression on Drew would scar me for life.

Anxiety brews on my throat as I try to stay focus.
Goodness, I don't even have anything written yet. In my defense, I'm a hundred steps ahead of this class, considering I grew up in a winery. 

"Hello, Dawn." Brahms appeared on my side, taking me by surprise.
 My name rolling down their mouths felt like venom on my skin. poisoning my insides, igniting a fire in my chest. I became more aware, knowing where the two goes, the other one follows. And I' am not in any mood to bare my dignity to Icarus Reidson yet. I don't think I'll ever be.
"He's not here." Drew said, a smirk forming on the side of his lips. 

"I wasn't looking." I shrugged, crossing my hands on my chest. Brahms scoffed beside me. but I chose to ignore him. His cold eyes would send me to my grave if I spare him even a single glance. 

"Weren't you about to fuck with Linda yet?" Brahms spoke. His use of words caught me off-guard. 
"Oh fuck off man, she's seventy." 
     "I thought you love elder ones." Brahms laughed, taunting Drew even more.
The carelessness they carried around me brought a bittersweet trouble.

 Their banter regarding our enology professor made me feel calm. A smile formed on my lips whenever Brahms made a nasty remark.

I should not feel safe and relaxed while being sandwiched between them behind rows of small plants that reached above my chest. I should leave. Yet somehow I found solace in between them. 

They continued their banter, Drew becoming more playful, which earned an eye from some students. But one look from Brahms made them turn back in front. 
"You might as well fuck a goat at this point. Hell, I'd dare you to do it." Drew laughed, reaching around me to smack Brahms on the shoulder. A small snicker escaped my lips, grabbing their attention.

"Careful now, Princess."
He bent down on my ear, just enough to entice a small shudder out of me. "Drew bites."
His voice sent shivers down my spine. The icy breath sparring the hairs covering my face sent patches of red on my cheeks. What on goodness does these men even bring my life? 

"I assure you darling, I don't" I couldn't help raising an eyebrow on him. Ha! with a face like that, I'd be damned. "Fine. I don't bite... For now." 

How does such evil even exist between those smile? The wisps of his hair falling softly down his temple made this devilish man an angel in disguise. Black totally suits him. We stood for a while, staring. It felt like chaos around us, yet a barrier of soft hum and silence wrapped us in silk.

For a moment, Just for a moment, something in me felt right. And I knew I'd be in trouble by then.

A scream blew beyond the plants hovering above our chest. Somewhere from the corner of the greenhouse is a shocked student, pointing outside the dome. I didn't even get the chance to see clearly. but the red ooze outside the dome told of a horrible story. 

heads crowded the room, making it harder to figure out what's going on. Drew took a step forward, marching through the crowd as I followed. Cold fingers met my waist. I turned around and-
Freaking hell I wish I didn't.

Brahms looked serious. So focused that all I could see was his chiseled jawline and- God he's so close, I could practically taste the expensive Italian air on him. My attention went back to Drew when he raised an arm, halting us both to a stop.

Well I'd be damned. 

Beyond the thick glass, were blood scattered everywhere. A woman, right about my age, laid there in bed of tulips. She was already bold. Yet some of her hair was still falling down her body. As if it was cut out of her by force. But what stood out that made other students puke and run in disgust was the dagger piercing her mouth.

The more I watch, the gruesome the details become.
"Oh my God..." A student moaned in disgust, holding her stomach as she backed out slowly.
" She.."

"She..."

"She doesn't have eyes."

My breath becomes heavy. Boulder rocks of anxiousness pulling my breath down with every detail I saw.
I can't watch this. My jaw locked, hands clenching my skirt as I tried to back away slowly.
I couldn't take my eyes off of the dead body.

There were marks of cuts all over her body as if she was stabbed too many times. Blood was pooling out of her abdomen, leaving her pale body out slowly. Too much.

"I..." I want to leave. If I was moving earlier, I sure as heck not. Because no matter how much I tried to move my feet, it felt like I was still standing infront of her.

A string of incoherent sounds rattled my being.
There it was again. the deafening sound of high tune ringing inside my ears. My vision starts to cloud with blackness. All I could hear was the sound of my heart thumping like wild drums. I was already clouded with darkness. Yet I could still see it. See her. Laying there lifelessly. Her empty sockets made the back of my eyes throb. The hairs on the back of my neck stood the more I think about it. And I couldn't stop.

Rough hands covered my eyes as I felt someone carrying me away.
"That's enough princess." My whole body was convulsing with fear while being carried away by Brahms.

We left the greenhouse as they took me towards the common room dorms. The walk here felt short. Because all I could hear was Brahms' steady heartbeat and assurance whispering on my ears.
Brahms sat with me on his lap. His thumb rubbing circles on my arm in a comforting manner.
"You're still shaking princess. It's fine" His other hand caressed my thigh as I find comfort in burying my face deeper on his neck.

"You didn't have to see that darling, I know. It's fine." I couldn't see anything with my face buried on his neck. But for some reason, it didn't matter. I could still hear his muffled voice as black began to drown my thoughts. But this time, it felt safer. His arms tightened around me as I start to fall asleep.

"Rest now, darling.  It's okay."
Was the last thing I heard before I was completely out.

***
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAA. God, I love myself.