Chapter 8: The Luciano

DAWN

My eyelids kept dropping as I wrote mindlessly on my paper. No wonder there were only a few who took Philosophy and chose sports instead. I think there were a minimum of twenty students who took this class. But only about 8-12 students made it everyday including Icarus and I. Make that eleven. Because at this point with madam Emelda teaching, I'd probably drop out of this anytime soon and choose another course to attend to.

I glanced at Icarus behind me, and found him nosed down, nuzzled deep in his laptop, only to lift up his head when he noticed me. He lifted an eyebrow at my direction. I rolled my eyes in return, turning back my attention at the board in front of me. I don't know where I got the audacity to roll my eyes, but who cares.

I blew an air out of frustration, watching as the clock tick by. There were nothing to notice much, really. The same dull grey painted all over the walls, with pieces of tapes left yellowish throughout the decades. Nails were left from where the frames used to hang. Together with the silent class, the room looked like a box. With no windows, and the eerie sound of the air conditioner ln the small corner of the wall.
A small bathroom, however was located behind the room. A chitchat I heard from the common room says that, that's probably where Madam Emelda showers, considering there probably was no shower rooms for the teaching personnels.

But surely, that was a lie made by lower graders who can't seem to go by a day without making fun of the administrators and teaching department. Come on. With the castle this big, It's impossible not to have their own.

Madame Emelda blabbered about various Philosophers such as Sigmund Freud, or Skinner. But no matter how much they interest me outside of academic fields, they never fail to dig boredom out of me. I used to love Philosophy. With facts after facts after facts, Heck. I was even making my own theory before. Maybe it's the teaching that got me uninterested with the subject. Or maybe I grew out of it after four years of studying it. Whatever the reason is, stayed a mystery at the back of my head.

The haunting sound of bell rang through the corridors, signifying the end of this shift.

Finally.

I rest my head on my desk, closing my eyes for a minute. Or maybe two. Might go for Ten. Who cares. This room won't be used for another ten hours.

I breath in deeper, tiredness catching my eyelids as I drown myself in sea of dreams. My breathing starts to get slower, as my limbs begins to feel the aching tiredness crawling from my shoulders to my nape.

My voyage was cut immediately when a familiar hand glides through my hair. I'd never mistaken the coconut smell radiating off on him. Thinking about it now, they all smell the same. Although they had their unique scents, They almost always smell the same. Maybe it's because of the fact that wherever one goes, the other follows.

"You know, it's weird to touch a girls hair without consent." I said, Although I kept my eyes closed, I could feel the smirk radiating from him.
"Really?" He replied sarcastically, bringing a small smile on my lips. His fingers weaved through my hairs until he was massaging the top of my head. I had to keep my mouth shut from how much relaxation he gives me. My furrowed brows started to relax themselves along with all the tension build up on my shoulders.

I remained silent, forgetting his banter as I found my self slowly drifting to sleep. "What were you doing out the woods, Dawn?" I opened my eyes and stared at him. His brows furrowed slightly with a hint of confusion and protectiveness floating through the surface of his eyes.

"Nothing." I replied. I remained unmoving, with my head and arms rested on the table. But deep inside, my heart begins to pound like crazy, I had to swallow down and heave a deep breath to remain calm.