Unforeseen Ripples: The Cost of a Misstep

Meerab paces restlessly in her room, her mind filled with conflicting emotions. She recalls her conversation with Haya, the bitter words echoing in her ears. The need for some space from the Khan Haveli becomes overwhelming.

Yesterday, when Meerab went to get a glass of water after dinner encounters Haya waiting for murtasim to return home.

Haya(mockingly)- Well, well, Meerab Khan. Enjoying your taste of freedom, are you? Azad khayalat vale maa-baap, baade baade sapne, modern tarbiyat aur phir bhi tum yahan ho, khan haveli ki 4 diwaron main KAID.

Meerab clenches her jaw, her eyes narrowing at Haya's taunting words.

MEERAB (coldly) Watch your words, Haya. You have no idea what I'm capable of or what I'll tolerate.

Haya smirks, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

HAYA(threateningly)- kuch nhi kr paogi tum meerab! jaise abhi kuch nhi kr pai, maa begum aur murtasim tumhe katpotli ki tarah nachayenge, aur tum naachogi.

Meerab scoffs, her voice filled with defiance- Aur tumhara kya!!! tumhari jo poori zindagi murtasim ke chakr kaatne main guzar rhi hai, uska kya? A one-sided lover, desperate for his attention, while he doesn't even care about you.

Haya's eyes flash with anger, her voice laced with bitterness.

HAYA (almost spitting her words in anger) You know nothing, Meerab. You're just a naive girl who thinks she can change the rules. Well, let me tell you, this haveli has a way of breaking even the strongest spirits.

MEERAB (pityingly)

Meerab's gaze hardens, her words cutting through the tension.- You are right Haya! jaise yeh haveli tumhe sachai dekhati hai ki tum sirf ek tarfa ishq main apni raaton ki neend, zindagi barbaad kr rhi ho. But I won't let this place define me. I have no intention of being here for long.

She turns to leave, dismissing Haya's presence with a wave of her hand.

MEERAB (firmly) So, do me a favor, Haya, and leave me alone. 

With a final glance of defiance, Meerab walks away, leaving Haya standing in the kitchen, her expression a mixture of anger and wounded pride.

Flashback ends

MEERAB (muttering to herself) I can't bear being around Haya and her constant taunting. I need to get away, even if it's just for a little while.

Just then, a knock on the door interrupts Meerab's thoughts. Murtasim stands at the doorway, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

MURTASIM in his black kurta pajama, crossing his hands infront of him, leaning against the door frame (teasingly) Meerab Wakas Khan, I have delightful news. We're going to the village.

Meerab's eyes widen in surprise, hesitant but intrigued by the prospect of a change of scenery.

MEERAB(sarcastically) AAREE WAH!!! Another opportunity for you to enlighten me with your profound wisdom, I assume?

Murtasim (entering the room) (smirking) - Maa Begum ka hukum hai. Unhe lagta hai tum gaon main jakr kuch din vahan ki aurton ke saath ghulogi milogi toh shayad tumhe nazakat sikha de voh. And where better to learn this from women of village?

Meerab rolls her eyes, crossing her arms in defiance.

MEERAB(mockingly) How generous of you, Murtasim Khan, to grace me with your expertise in sharam and nazakat. I'm truly honored.