Mr. and Mrs.

Murtasim was seated infront of Meerab on opposite side of the veil. Murtasim have always known that he was good-looking. People have told him that often, and it has drawn him fair share of attention from women. Though he doesn't watch much TV, but his international and national trips have exposed him to many beautiful women. They were all attractive in their own ways, but they couldn't hold his attention for long. It's not that they weren't good enough; it's just that he never felt like looking for too long.

But the moment he set my eyes on her walking down the aisle—her face, her attire, just her—He couldn't even look away when Kazi Sahab asked...

Kazi Sahab- "Murtasim Shanawaz khan, Kya tumhe Meerab Wakas Khan ke saath yeh nikah qubool hai?"

Murtasim (M): (In a trance) Qubool hai!!!

Murtasim could feel that something was bothering Meerab. Her eyes were glued to her feet, as if she was physically present but her mind was elsewhere. He desperately wanted her to look at him, just once, so he could assure her that everything would be fine. She simply had to go through with this, and he would handle the rest. 

But her non-response to Kazi Sahab, even after he asked her twice, was making him both anxious and angry. The hall filled with guests and important people had started to chatter, and it felt like chaos was descending.

 Then, out of the blue, Meerab did something he couldn't have anticipated even in his wildest dreams. She ran away. SHE RAN AWAY!!!

M: (Frustrated) What the hell?

Murtasim saw Meerab sprinting away like she was in a race, almost giving Usain Bolt a run for his money. His anger flared, and he jumped up from his seat. The entire hall gasped, and even Maa Begum couldn't understand what had just happened. One moment she thought Meerab was shying away, and the next, she was running away, as if she had never known what shame was.

Maa Begum: (Whispering)

Maa Begum: Murtasim! Yeh! Ya Allah! Yeh kahan bhaag rhi hai???

Murtasim was ablaze with anger. He was willing to sacrifice everything, just at Meerab's beck and call, but one thing—just one thing—he could not tolerate, and that was somebody ruining the family name, no matter who they were, even if that someone was Meerab Murtasim Khan. Yes!! he silently vowed she would come back and marry him right there in front of all those people, no matter what.

Murtasim: (Determined)

Murtasim: Taking a deep breath and trying to calm himself, he said, when he saw Mariyam going after Meerab,

Murtasim: Ruko! Mariyam, main jaunga! Maa Begum, aap fikar na karein. Mehmanon se kahen Meerab ghabra gyi hai. Uske ammi abbu bhi nahi hain yahan abhi. Bus aa rahi hai. Nikah hoga, aur yahin hoga!!!

Murtasim entered the room and saw Meerab seated in front of the mirror. Although he was still simmering with anger, he could see dried tears on her face. It almost melted his resolve. Calming himself, Murtasim was about to speak when Meerab said,

Meerab : (Sarcastic)

Meerab: Aa gaye tum! Badi der kar di aane mein!

Murtasim : (Standing at the door)

Murtasim: Ab aaya hoon, na, kaho!

Meerab: (Angrily)

Meerab: Idhar aao! Yeh ghunghat uthao! Subah se sab yahi keh rahe hain ki yeh sajawat, yeh rang, yeh roop, sab tumhare liye hai! Toh aao, dekho!

Murtasim inhaled deeply and steeled himself. Everything came down to this. He had to face her. He had to confront what lay ahead. He had to confront her. He took her veil