xChapter 39 - The East Side (6)

At Seastar High, a run-down school in the eastern district of Starlight City, most of the students go about their days like any other school would. They're just an average school that is pretty average all things considered. That is until someone from Starlight High, their rival school, steps foot onto their school grounds.

Unfortunately for The Miracle Clinic, as Ronnie gets out of the car he looks to see A man with a mullet & bomber jacket walking up towards them.

"So we got a bunch of Northern people coming to our turf?" The man in the bomber jacket says, "Well unfortunately for you, you came at a bad time. Since I, Draco Maleby am here to strike you down!"

"People actually talk like that?" Ronnie asks Alex and he shrugs all the while the group is surrounded by several Seastar High students, all wanting to give them the Eastern greeting.

Marcus & Amnestor try to settle things down but they get interrupted by someone yelling "HEY!"

Everyone looks to see a upperclasswoman who has white skin, brunette hair in a long braid, green eyes, and is wearing a beige-colored aviator jacket over a red turtleneck, blue jeans, a friendship bracelet, and black boots.

"I-IVORY?!" Draco yells surprised.

The upperclasswoman, Ivory Dutchingson, walks over and sighs, "What do you think you guys are doing?!"

"I-I was just trying to teach these Northerners a lesson," Draco sheepishly replies.

Ronnie, Alex, Marcus, & Elizabeth look confused at how Draco and all of the other kids are treating Ivory with so much respect, however, it begins to make more sense when Ivory walks over and hands him a few files.

"You called my dad saying you needed the school files on Vanessa Deli, Blanko Deck, & Graham Dirt?" Ivory confirms.

"Yes, is your father, Principal Ian Dutchingson, around? I was going to let him know that if he still needed a substitute teacher for next Friday I am available," Mister Amnestor replies.

"I'll let him know, but there was something you should know," Ivory says.

"What's that?" Amnestor asks.

"I could only find the files on Vanessa & Blanko, we don't have a file on this Graham Dirt person," Ivory replies.

"I see, anyways thank you for helping me out, I hope things are going well with you," Amnestor replies.

"Oh yeah, they definitely are, I'll see you later," Ivory says as she walks away, as she does so the other kids that were going to fight the club also follow her.

"Hey just because I didn't fight you guys today doesn't mean you're safe, capeesh?" Draco says as he walks away.

"Well he must be fun at parties," Ronnie says before turning to Amnestor and asking, "So how'd you get those files?"

"The principal & I are in the same golf club, so whenever he needs a sub, he tends to ask me," Amnestor admits as he starts to skim through the school file of Blanko Deck, "huh that's interesting."

"What is?" Alex asks.

"Nothing, we'll just need to stop at a store first," Amnestor says.

"Sure go ahead but it better not take too long," Alex admits.

As the group enters Amnestor's car, Ronnie looks back toward Seastar High and notices that Ivory has a somber look on her face as she looks at the friendship bracelet on her wrist.

___________________

Mesto-Presto holds his wrist as he walks down the street with Hunter & Andy Nibble.

"You okay?" Andy Nibble asks.

"Yeah, my wrist just got a cramp all of the sudden, I guess I've been working a bit too hard at my job," Mesto admits.

"Ouch, hope you feel better soon," Andy replies.

As they walk down the street, Hunter glances around and notices that several of the shops have a sign on them that reads 'D.F.A.'.

"What does D.F.A. mean?" Hunter asks.

"Ah, that's Dirty Fang Authorized," Andy says, "things aren't exactly the safest in the east so a bunch of shops and businesses sign deals with the biggest gang in town, DIrty Fang."

"What kind of deals?" Hunter asks.

"Nothing much, just that if anyone tries to rob their store, Dirty Fang will track them down, and in turn, the business will look the other way when Dirty Fang gets up to some not-so-legal things."

"Don't you guys have the police?" Hunter asks.

Andy laughs, "Yes but they aren't that competent. Look, don't you go around beating up thugs, if the police were so good at their job then you wouldn't have to do that. It's the same here. The only difference is the North is just better at hiding their dirty laundry."

Mesto keeps silent as the group continues to walk down the streets. As Andy Nibble leads the group to where The East Side Express is, he suddenly stops.

"What's wrong?" Hunter asks.

"I uh..." Andy begins to say, "may have had a bit too much to eat for lunch."

Hunter & Mesto look at Andy.

"It means I need to take a-" Andy tries to explain.

Hunter & Mesto cut him off by saying "We know."

___________________

Outside The East Side Express, a brick & mortar store with stained glass windows, The Miracle Clinic stands ready to enter the building. Amnestor has a plastic bag with some items in it.

"Well, I think it looks like we got here first," Ronnie says, "So, let's get things started and head in!"

See You Next Chapter!~