Broken

Sunny and Hitch stared in disbelief at the crystals, they were chipped and pale, their colors were now darker than before. "How did this happen..?" Sunny asked "and where is everyone?" Hitch looked down sadly "I-I don't know, everyone's went back home but.. I have no idea where Izzy or Pipp or even Zipp is.." Sunny looked extremely worried at this. "Well we need to go find them! We can't just sit around and do nothing!" With that, they ran down and darted outside calling their friends names frantically, when all of a sudden Sunny noticed something shimmering on the ground and she trotted over to it. "Hitch look! It's Izzys bracelet! It's all snapped tho.." Hitch walked over and picked the broken string up "Hey! Look! The crystals are going that way! To the beach!" They ran off to the sandy shore of the beach and saw another sparkly object, being soaked by the sea foam rolling in from the ocean.

Hitch observed it closely "its a Pegasus feather! Specifically Zipps.. and there's a few more! It's like a trail!" Pipps feathers were also mixed in "there must have been a struggled by who, or what took them.." Sunny assumed "you don't think they went.. in there..?" Hitch shakily asked, pointing his hoof to a cave with a slight glow to it. They both looked at eachother and gulped "I-I sure hope not..!" Sunny shivered. They both cautiously walker over to the cave and peeked inside. "Helloooo?" Sunnys voice echoed as she called out, with this they nodded to eachother and trotted in.

They were immediately taken back by the beautiful glow of the crystals and coral inside. "How is there coral in here tho?" Hitch asked "doesn't coral only grow, you know.. UNDERWATER?" He asked "Well you know Hitch.. Equestrias weird!" She laughed as they continued walking. They kept seeing hoof prints in the sand, although they appeared to end at a narrow crack in the cave. "Hmm... odd, how would a pony ever fit in there?" Sunny asked as Hitch leaned against the Caves wall. This seemed to unlock something! The crack slid open loudly and revealed more crystals, they were large and sharp which was pretty intimidating but nevertheless they continued walking through. "Gee.. this cave is awfully long!" Sighed Hitch "yeah, I guess, well-" Sunny was cut off by someone shouting after them. They swisher their heads around and gasped as they saw Misty! "Guys! I've been looking for you everywhere!" She panted "Whats wrong?" Sunny asked "Well.. you'll have to come see for yourself.." Misty said. With that, Hitch and Sunny gave eachother an unsure look but decided to trust her, she was their friend after all! They continued walking on until they reached a forest. "Erm, it's awfully dark in here Misty.." Sunny said "You dunno what's out here!" Hitch wrapped his arm around Sunny "Whatever happens, I'll protect you Sunny!" He looked at her and smiled, to which she returned as she looked to the ground. "Gee Hitch.. you'd really do that?" Sunny asked "ofcourse!" He chuckled "Now let's keep going before it gets dark"

With that they kept walking before they all heard a roar deep in the forest, followed by the sound of running across the hard ground. "Sweet Celestia! What in Equestria is that?!" Misty exclaimed as a huge manticore burst through the bushy trees once again letting out an ear piercing roar. "Oh my goodness!" Exclaimed Sunny, they all took a step back at the sight of this creature. "Come on Misty! Use your unicorn powers!" Hitch exclaimed "I-I don't know how!" She stuttered "Let me try!" With that, she pushed as hard as she could, trying to channel a spark out of her horn, but before she could the manticore hit her with their scorpion tail. She groaned in pain on the ground now with a bloody scratch mark across her face, Sunny was outraged that the manticore had hurt her friend like this and she felt a spark inside of her. Just then she burst into a glow and her alicorn powers shined brightly. She soared to the ground infront of Hitch. "Come on Hitch! We've gotta stop the manticore, Use your earth pony magic and I'll use my alicorn magic!" With that Hitch grew a vine out of the ground and galloped onto it catapulting himself over the end. Sunny used her horn to burst a beam onto the blue and purple vine. Suddenly vines wrapped around his ankles and his hooves grew bright green, when he landed on the ground neon green vines sprouted from the ground and wrapped around the manticore trapping it to the ground. "Come on everypony! Let's get out of here!" Sunny shouted, shooting through the sky and picking Misty and Hitch up.

After a while they settled down on a grassy cliff overlooking a river, Hitch was wrapping a bandage over Misty's eye. "Well, that was odd, when I used my alicorn magic on the vine it made Hitches powers enhance!" Sunny exclaimed "Yeah.. well, we'd best get some rest, tomorrow is a big day everypony!" Hitch said. they all layed their heads down on the ground, but after afew minutes Hitch hesitantly put his arm over Sunny. Misty looked up and smiled before going to sleep. Sunny smiled softly to herself and looked ove to the river below, sighing to herself. "We'll see you soon, guys.." she softly said to herself before nuzzling her head to Hitches.

(Words - 922)