Chapter 13

With quiet and careful steps, Syura'ewan followed his student as they moved stealthily behind a thick cluster of warbonnet ferns. 

A steady beating of a nearby heart captured her attention.

Cautiously peeking through the leaves to discover an unsuspecting Hexapede grazing just a few meters away. 

She closed her eyes and concentrated on synchronizing her breathing with the vibrant energy flow around her.

 After ensuring everything was in line, Karina glanced at her teacher, eagerly anticipating his approval.

The slight dip of his head while they locked eyes was enough confirmation.

She slowly lowered herself to the ground and crawled to approach her target cautiously.

Karina carefully poised her bow before her, steadily drawing back her elbow to lock in her aim.

After taking deep breaths to calm her heartbeat while waiting for the right opening.

As soon as the Yerik raised its head, she immediately released her grip on the string, which sent her arrow flying straight at one of the Yerik's eyes and through its skull.

The creature instantly collapsed onto the floor with a loud thud.

She quickly approached the fallen Hexapede and kneeled beside it.

"I see you, brother, and I thank you. May your spirit run with the great mother and your body stays behind to be one with the people". Expertly stabbing its still beating heart with her knife to end his suffering.

Syura'ewan stood speechless behind her after witnessing her clean kill. 

She made it seem effortless.

Aiming for the brain is a target too risky for most hunters even to consider, yet her precision was nothing short of impressive.

"You are ready". He silently bent beside her as she took her arrow off the creature's lifeless body. 

Karina met his gaze and smiled politely before loosening the bola to tie its limbs.

Returning to Hometree, Syura'ewan ululated proudly to announce the success of his student's hunt.

Quite a few Na'vi were curious about the result as they gathered around them when they entered.

Whispers can be heard among them while they comment on how scatheless the Yerik's body is.

This piqued the interest of the clan leader, who was talking to the Elders a level above them, making them turn to the commotion downstairs.

"Should I have gone for the chest instead?". Karina's gaze met her teacher's, and she became aware of the scrutinizing looks of the spectators.

Syura'ewan shook his head as he eyed the Na'vi closest to them.

"Do not doubt yourself. I'm sure the cooks would be pleased". He continued to skin the Hexapede with a smirk.

Despite the Na'vi who remained skeptical of the dream walkers, others began to accept and recognize their strengths and contribution to the clan.

A few of them touched Karina's shoulder with a smile and complimented her accuracy. 

Not to mention how the cooks' faces lit up when they saw all of the Hexapede's cuts were intact and unblemished.

"We thank you for your contribution KareenaTirel. Not many hunters would ever be so bold to aim at such a small target". Elang, the head cook, admired the neatly wrapped meat handed to her by Karina.