4♕

The last week has been chaotic, the days passing by in an absolute twirl. Not to mention the absurd amount of people entering and leaving incessantly Jisung's house. Honestly, he doesn't remember ever seeing so many people in his neighborhood. And he doesn't just refer to the individuals belonging to the Selection crew. No. Jisung mainly talks about the curious neighbors trying to understand and have a look at what is happening inside the Han's residence.

The first visit, just the day after the announcement of the selected ones, came in the form of a middle-aged woman, with bright red-painted lips and matching acrylic nails, who mainly appeared to ensure that the answers given in his form were veridic.

Needless to say, Jisung was caught by surprise, a thick layer of sweat forming on the small of his back as, in fact, he was not the one who filled out his own application. For God's sake, he had no idea what kind of questions were asked. His sister had only promised him that everything she had written about him was true, and she had no more time to explain in detail what the questionnaire consisted of. That didn't make Jisung feel any more relieved though.

However, Jisung quickly realized that his sister hadn't lied when the red-lipped woman started asking questions about his job, his regular visits to the orphanage and the hospital, and even about his passion for flowers. Questions that Jisung could easily answer because well, they're true and basically everything Jisung does and loves in his life.

Finally, the woman asked him for his bank details to make the first weekly payment, and although his eyes opened enthusiastically at the mention of the big amount of money, his cheeks and tips of his ears colored in a shameful shade of red when the woman looked at him with judgment because Jisung replied that neither he nor anyone in his family had a bank account.

It's not every day that a Seven has reasons to open one, as their money, in addition to being low, doesn't last long in their hands. Therefore, Sevens cannot afford to pay the costs of regularization and maintenance of their bank account to keep it almost always at zero. It just didn't compensate.

The woman, fortunately, seemed to quickly understand the reasons behind Jisung's response without him having to explain much further, and it only took two days for her to return with a card, ready to use and with the first payment already there.

That night, Jisung and his family had a dinner that wasn't just soup, eggs, or crusty bread and cheese. He no longer remembered what it was like to go to bed and fall asleep with his stomach snug and completely full.

The second visitor was a man in his thirties, with silver glitter eyeshadow on his eyelids and hair dyed platinum blond, pulled back with the help of hair gel. He came with the purpose of taking measurements of Jisung's body to prepare his new wardrobe in the royal palace.

Jisung was not at all happy to discover that his new clothes would consist of pompous, tight suits, shirts that would keep him from moving so they wouldn't get wrinkled, and classic cut pants. He still had his black jeans ripped at his knee and a comfortable hoodie on, but Jisung had already started to miss his baggy, casual clothes. Whatever the cost, he will have to find a way to bring at least a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants into the palace. What will he sleep in? With those fancy, satin pajamas that will probably cost more than his entire closet? The hell not.

The third visit was probably the one that Jisung was least pleased to receive. A doctor. The gray-haired man made him do every possible and imaginable medical test and examination, including Jisung's biggest nightmare: blood tests. This involved a good fifteen minutes, and not because the doctor was incompetent or because he couldn't find Jisung's veins. Far from it, not least because his arms have very prominent veins, thank you very much. It took a while because Jisung is terrified of syringes and anything that looks like needles near his body.