7♕

When Jisung arrives at his bedroom, his servants are already waiting for him, standing by the bed, ready to undress and wash him. His pajamas, a set of dark green satin (just as Jisung had predicted, tsk) was already laid out neatly on the bed.

Nabi and Yumi were efficient but not in a hurry. They clearly intended to provide calm and relaxation for a pleasant end of the day, but honestly, Jisung just wanted them to leave. But of course, he couldn't rush them as they took off his make-up and washed his face, then immediately put more creams and oils on his skin than he could count with his fingers.

Seokjin later helped him get out of his dinner clothes and into pajamas instead. This was definitely the most uncomfortable and embarrassing part for Jisung because who the hell needs help getting some pants on? But even worse than that, were the thousand questions they were asking in the meantime.

Yes, he had finally seen everyone else selected. No, Jisung hadn't become friends with anyone yet (he didn't want to recount the conversation he had with Felix a few minutes ago). Yes, he had loved dinner and everything was fantastic (the best of that day, Jisung wanted to say). No, he wouldn't meet the prince until tomorrow. Yes, he was very tired.

"And it would help me a lot to relax if I could be alone. It won't be long before I go to sleep anyway," Jisung seizes on to add, hoping the three of them would take the hint. But of course, they seem to be disappointed instead. "You guys helped me a lot, believe me. But I'm used to doing this sort of thing alone and I've been around people all day. I need some time to myself and privacy, please."

"But Mr. Han, we're here to help you. It's our job," Seokjin says in a very professional demeanor.

"And I'm so grateful for your hard work and dedication, and no doubt I will want your help to start the day tomorrow," Jisung tries to reassure them, speaking in the most patient tone of voice possible. "But tonight, I really need to relax. If you really want to help, a little alone time would be ideal. Besides, if you're well-rested too, I'm sure everything will be better tomorrow, don't you think?"

The three of them exchange glances, each more fearful than the other.

"Well... I suppose so," Yumi finally agrees.

"One of us should stay here while you sleep though. In case you need anything," Nabi says warily, as if afraid of whatever Jisung decides.

The purple-haired boy smiles as reassuringly as possible. "If I need anything, I'll ring the bell. It won't be a problem. Besides, I won't be able to fall asleep knowing someone is watching me. That would be creepy."

They gaze at each other again, still not looking quite convinced. Jisung didn't want to have to use this card but...

"You must obey all my orders, am I correct? You have to do whatever I ask you to, right?" Jisung arches a defiant eyebrow.

The three of them nod frantically, somehow looking hopeful.

"Well, then I order you to go to bed now and come help me in the morning. Please."

Seokjin smiles, seeming to notice the other boy's plan. "As you wish, Mr. Han. See you tomorrow then."

He nods his head to the door as he looks for the still-too-afraid maids to follow him. The three bow to him and finally leave the room. Jin gives him one last stare, but he didn't seem to be upset at what Jisung had asked. On the contrary, he seemed curious instead.

Once they're outside, Jisung takes off his elegant slippers and stretches his toes against the cold floor. The sensation, no matter how simple and banal it is, was extremely pleasurable, perhaps because of the naturalness it provided. Then, he takes the backpack that is still rested by the tall wardrobe and takes out the few belongings he was allowed to bring.