16♕

The flashes go off incessantly, catching Minho and Felix smiling, completely radiant.

"Mr. Lee, drop your chin just a little. Just like that," the photographer gives directions as he takes a couple more shots, filling the room with light. "I think that's enough. Who's next?"

Yejun takes two steps forward, volunteering with a seductive smile on his lips. The boy lets a group of servants move around him to comb his almond-colored hair, as well as retouch the light makeup on his handsome face.

Felix, still next to Minho, says something in his ear and winks at him in a provocative gesture. The prince answers him calmly and the caste Two boy giggles as he walks away.

The selected had been informed the day before, after the History class, that this photoshoot was just to amuse the audience, but Jisung couldn't help thinking that it must be more important than that. It looks like someone had written an article in a magazine about what a princess and a prince should look like. Jisung hadn't read the article, but Areum and some of the others did. According to the caste Seven girl, the report stated that Minho should find someone who had a noble appearance and who would look pretty beside him in the photographs. Basically, someone who would look good on a stamp or on a bill.

And so, here there are the selected in a row - the girls in cream, short dresses and the boys in light gray suits - waiting to take the pictures with Minho. The photos would all come out in the same magazine, where the editorial team would present their opinions and choices. Honestly, Jisung was uncomfortable with the idea of a group of people going to assess the beauty of the Selection competitors, feeling that no one has a right to do so. Simply ridiculous, if you asked for his opinion.

And that's what worried Jisung from the beginning: the idea that Minho was just looking for a pretty face. Now that Jisung knows him, he knows it's not the truth, but it annoyed him that most people saw the prince that way.

Jisung sighs in annoyance, counting the seconds to get away with this. A few of the others paced around the hall to free the nerves of being so close to the prince for the first time, but most, including Jisung, remained standing by the stage that had been set up in the Great Hall.

A huge, golden tapestry covered the wall and stretched across the floor. How had the production team managed to do that? Jisung doesn't know. On one side was a small sofa in shades of dark blue, and on the other was a pillar. In the middle, Euphoréa's emblem gleamed, giving the whole nonsense thing a patriotic air.

They watched each of the selected parade around the scenario to be photographed, while the others were mumbling what they liked and what they didn't, or what they planned to do when their turn came.

Yejun approaches Minho with a lustful gleam in his eyes, and the prince politely smiles at him in greeting. As soon as he gets close to the prince, Yejun whispers something in his ear. Whatever it is, Minho tilts his head back laughing and nods, presumably agreeing with his little secret. Honestly, it was weird to see them like this. How did someone who got along so well with Jisung manage to get along so well with Yejun too?

"Very well, Mr. Seo. Turn to the camera and smile, please," the photographer patiently asks, being promptly attended by Yejun.

The Three turns to Minho and places one of his hands on the prince's chest, tilting his head down a little and making a clearly experienced smile. Yejun seemed to know how to harness the lighting and scenery to his advantage and he spends the whole time moving Minho around slightly or insisting on changing their poses. Honestly, Yejun seemed to belong more to caste Two than caste Three, such was his experience in behaving like a celebrity.

While some of the selected purposely took some time, making their turn at Minho's  side as long as possible - especially those who hadn't had a date with him yet - Yejun seemed to want to demonstrate his efficiency instead. A smart tactic, honestly.