53. (S)pain.

Charles

The GP was terrible. The car was just bad. So bad. I couldn't drive it. P19 in quali and P11 in the race. No points. More disappointed in myself. Carlos was doing fine. We have the fucking same car. So it's my fault too. Right?!? It wasn't just the car, maybe I'm not that good anymore.

  Max was in my driver room, but I don't feel being with someone right now. But we have another reason to be scared. There's a photo with us kissing in the media. Fucking hell.

  I just don't want Max to receive more hate. I'll do everything to stop that. I'll give up on him if it's necessary. I'll protect him with all I have.

I leave the garage and head to the interviews. It is necessary to give them. I just hope it won't be noticed that I cried. Or that the picture with me and Max is already viral.

Ana waves and smiles encouragingly at me. She was with me for the whole weekend. Her presence helped me enormously. I am grateful to her. It was her chance to work in the RedBull engineering team in F1, but she preferred to stay with me. Only because it could be seen with the naked eye that I had almost reached my last level of patience. Arthur is lucky to have her.

I take a deep breath and prepare myself mentally. At first it's not so bad. He asks me questions about the car. I answer them by saying that we still don't know what the main problem is. Then about the race. I don't comment much. I can't say that I want to kill myself after this GP. Then he asks me about the picture. The picture of me and Max. The picture of us kissing. Picture taken by someone unknown. My heart stops.

When Carlando received hate, we agreed to appear together as a couple. But now I turn my head a little. Max gives an interview and seems lost. Jos stands behind him and forces him not to answer any questions about that photo. If Jos is allowed to be here. Is bad. So bad. So I do what I have to do. Max starts to be more liked by the public. I'm starting to get more hate. I can't let it happen like this. So I protect Max.

- Yes. I'm bi. Yes. I kissed Max. But he didn't kiss me back. He's not into men. At least, not into me. It is very clear in the picture that only I touch him.

We were actually playing with each other and I challenged Max not to touch me for 30 minutes. He lost right after I kissed him. But the picture was before he touched me, so I take advantage of that.

- I apologized to Max, and he agreed to forget that I did this. I know we posted each other on the story some time ago, but we only did it to support Carlando. We are not together. We are just two people who have known each other forever. Please don't involve Max in the mistake I made. Max and I are not the closest of friends, but I will never allow you to drag him into something he doesn't deserve. Thank you!
_______________________________

Author

  Max quickly escapes from his father and hurries to reach Charles. His heart is pounding and he feels that it will explode at any moment. He can't believe what's happening. He can't believe that he let Jos intervene in his life, again.

- Charlie? What is happening?

Max try to kiss Charles, but he's stepping back. Max does not want to force Charles after this difficult weekend. But he needs to feel that Charles is still on his side. That the interview is just a lie. They are together.

- I'm sorry, Max!

Charles' heart is in pieces. He almost heard it break down as soon as she got out of that car being P11. Close. But now? Seeing Max like this? He knows he heard his own heart breaking into pieces.

- We need to stop, Max. You don't need this hate. You don't need me to pull you down. Enjoy your glory years. You fully deserve it. You don't deserve this, Max. I couldn't even be happy for you. What kind of person am I?!? I love you Max so I let you be free. I can't drag you down with me. I won't let myself do this.

They are both crying. Max wants to tell him so much. To contradict him. To tell him that he loves him too. But he can't. Charles presses his lips to his. It's a short kiss, but full of feelings. Then Charles run away.

_______________________

Charles goes in his driver room. Arthur is already waiting for him there. He and Ana knew that it would end here. They knew Charles would fight for Max. But don't fight right. They should fight together, not separately. He should ask him if he wants to be protected or if he wants to fight too. Arthur knows that Max would always choose the fight, but he doesn't say anything to his older brother. He's just there for Charles. For his brother.

Charles closes the door behind him and collapses into his brother's arms. He falls to his knees, sobbing. He cries so hard that Arthur has little left and cries for his brother. Arthur gently strokes his back and encourages him. Tells him that he's always here. Charles howled, letting the pain pour out of him. But it still remains there. He cries in his brother's arms for several hours. Both staying in the same place. Arthur just trying to comfort his brother. Charles crying for himself. Arthur promises himself that he won't let his brother get here again. That this season they will work together on self-confidence. This will be the last year that Charles will blame himself when it is not the case. They will start with small steps, but he will take care of his brother

__________________________

Max cries in Ana's arms. Everything hurts in him. Ana gives him all the comfort she can give him, but what happens to Charles drains him of his strength. How can Charles think he's hurting him? Nothing hurts when Max is with Charles. But without him? Max doesn't know what to do now.

He wants him back. He wants to be with him. He wants to shout that he, Max Verstappen, is head over heels in love with Charles. And he will do it. He won't let Charles go through this alone. Charles is having a bad time. Max can't stay away from him now. He knows that Charles needs him just as he needs Charles. No. He won't let that happen.

But at this moment he must cry for his broken heart. For the soulless father he has. Because he misses Kimi, his real father. Because he wants Charles with him now. And he does it in the arms of the person who has always been by his side.He feels safe crying here.

___________

READ THIS PLEASE

I didn't forget that I promised to write a chapter about Mick and Esteban only. It's on process. I'll post it soon. I forgot who asked for it. Sorry! But I want to tell you that it's on process and will be out soon. I hope you'll like it. 🤍

__________

Hey hey hey

At this point, this book is a Lestappen book

Sorry, but I'm not sorry.

Grand Slam for Max this week. I'm so happy for him!! But I'm so sorry for Charles and Lando.

I don't understand what Ferrari is doing. Charles wants to win with this team, but the team seems like they don't wanna win at all 🥲

I love Ferrari, I hope they will come back. I need this. Tifosi needs this. Charles needs this.

How's going?

Love y'all 🤍