chapter two

{3rd person}
football practice
(tw: f-slur)

after school, sebastian had practice. he didn't wanna go because he was kinda tired but that didn't stop him.

today they were on the field. one thing he never noticed when they were on the field, was flynn and his best friend, evelyn, were sitting on the bleachers. evelyn looked at her boyfriend, flynn was looking anywhere but the football team.

"do they always sit on bleachers after school?" sebastian asked. his best friend ethan looked towards him.

"yea, i'm dating evelyn remember?" ethan said. "she comes and watches us practice everytime were on the field,"

"why haven't i ever noticed?" sebastian asked himself but ethan answered.

"maybe because you're always busy focusing?" ethan suggested.

"maybe," sebastian said.

*a couple hours later*

the team walked out of the locker room. evelyn caught ethan and hugged him, they kissed, flynn gagged.

"get a room weirdos," flynn said. sebastian walked out as he said that.

"you're just jealous," evelyn said. flynn gagged again.

"as if, i don't need a boyfriend, i like being single," flynn said. evelyn rolled her eyes.

"that's not what you said a couple days ago," evelyn said. "and we both know who you wanna do,"

"oh shut up!" flynn said. sebastian heard their whole conversation. flynn likes someone? some reason that made sebastian angry. he blamed it on flynn wanting to date a guy.

"haha a fag like you will never find anyone," sebastian said. evelyn gasped, flynn looked sad. sebastian felt bad but didn't show it.

"what the fuck sebastian?" ethan asked. he was kinda angry.

"what? it's true," sebastian said. 'shut the fuck up sebastian!' he thought to himself.

"why would you say that?" some other guy on the team asked. great just because sebastian couldn't shut his mouth everyone mad at him, and he can't blame them.

"you will that be using that language on my field! 10 laps right now!" the coach said. sebastian just nodded. everyone started walking away as sebastian ran his laps. flynn looked back. "i'm sorry kid,"

"it's alright, i have to accept the fact not everyone accepts me," flynn said.

"finding people like him in this town isn't rare, it's surprising that team stood up for you like that, guess not every guy has toxic masculinity," the coach said.

"yea, i really appreciate them for doing that," flynn said. "and for what you did too, thanks,"

"no problem kid," the coach said. "this might be shocking but when i was your age, i had a thing for a guy too,"

he wasn't old. he was maybe early 30's so it wasn't that shocking but flynn was still shocked. "really?"

"yea, he's my husband," the coach said. "don't tell anyone though,"

"you secret is safe with me!" flynn said. they ended their conversation once they reached the exit.

"drive home safe kid!" the coach said.

"i will!" flynn said. he walked over too his car and got in. he drove home. his parents weren't home so he took a short nap.

*an hour later*

flynn woke up to hearing the front door open. he walked downstairs and saw his mom.

"hey mom!" flynn said. she jumped from not noticing him before.

"you scared me," she said.

"sorry," flynn said.

"you're fine, so how was school?" she asked.

"it was alright, some kid called me a slur but the coach got on to him," flynn said.

"i'm sorry honey," she said.

"it's alright, so what's for dinner?" flynn asked.

"i'm making little smokies and mac and cheese," his mom said.

"yum," flynn said.

*time skip*

after dinner flynn went up to his room. he checked his phone and saw he had a couple text from evelyn.

evelyn: are you ok? what sebastian wasn't ok, he's so annoying
sent at 4:30pm
evelyn: flynnnn helloooo!
sent at 4:50pm

flynn: sorry i eating dinner
flynn: i'm fine

evelyn: are you sure?

flynn: yes

evelyn: alright...i'm on too you though!

flynn: oml you're weird

evelyn: anyways, whatcha doing?

flynn: i'm listening to music while talking to you

evelyn: ooo what song?

flynn: was listening to daddy issues by the neighbourhood but now i'm listening to ghost by justin bieber

evelyn: both very good songs

flynn: lol, wyd?

evelyn: talking to you

flynn: only that?

evelyn: yea, i gotta go mom calling me! byee

flynn: bye

flynn relaxed on his bed. he had his airpods in listening to music. he was listening to idontwannabeyouanymore, by billie eilish. las he just laid there he drifted off to sleep.

700 words instead of 1000 but who cares. i hope you enjoyed! don't forget to vote!
~miles